Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay... >

Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Notices

Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Old 04-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Fightclub

Default Insurance

My father-in-law in my Ins Agent... He says to enjoy the boat this year because next year he or most others will not be able to insure it.

If you were to tally up the last 4 months of boat damage " not including medical ".

I bet it's close to Seven Figures!

The property loss is not the bad thing it's the personal injury / disability claims that are the worst.

I would love to have a cat... but I can not justify the cost to insure it and I have 0 points... Knock on wood.

As for having it paid for and not needing to insure it to make the bank happy, you would have to be an idiot. All risk for damage or injury to others would be on YOU personally.

Sorry to get on the soap box... Glad all involved are ok.

my 02

fightclub

Old 04-27-2004, 07:49 PM
LPA2106

yup my agent said stepped hulls are higher in claims now than cats ....you are gonna be talking Lyods of London...minimal coverage...high prices...

...wait...stepped hulls will vanish as quick as they appeared...

Reggie had a fast boat with a pad..safe as can be...too much tweaking caused all this...

...now you know why I was so into the step thing....

Old 04-27-2004, 07:50 PM
LPA2106

.....it's the usual thing...no apparent reason except driver error...and that's from lack of education and seat time...these stepped boats don't give you a fighting chance to react....Lanyards for sure baby!

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-27-2004 at 07:52 PM.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS JR
I am not just talking about this incident I am talking about all of the accidents in the past few weeks. You are young like I am and I hope we can have years and years of powerboating not ruled by speed limits horsepower, or insurance for that matter!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys and your stepped hull BS are killing me.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally posted by BAJABOAT
LS JR
I am not just talking about this incident I am talking about all of the accidents in the past few weeks. You are young like I am and I hope we can have years and years of powerboating not ruled by speed limits horsepower, or insurance for that matter!
I agree with you. I just don't like it when people jump on the situation when they don't know what happened. That's all. No harm - no foul.

LS JR.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

This sport is dangerous when playing hard. Some people don't need to play that hard to fully enjoy ... I do

The danger is part of what I like ... I'm not in this for cruising around although I do cruise because I need to share my toy with my wife and family. However, I do like to run on the edge when appropriate. If there were no danger or risk, I probably wouldn't own the boat I have now.

I was talking with CB this weekend about the trend toward fast boats with small power (like mine or the Dragon) vrs fast boats with big power. All the fast boats with small power are "drivers boats" ... you better respect the danger and learn the boat. A heavier boat with big power will probably be an easier boat to run fast .. you can power your way out of trouble.

Funny thing ... I ran my boat in some hellaious water while in Miami and felt very comfortable with the handling, but while running it at Havasu in flat water, the pucker factor was way up. I'm taking it easy in the flat water until I learn how the bottom wants to be trimmed and how forgiving it wants to be.

$.02

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 04-28-2004 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Registered

I love stepped hull boats and I hope to have a 38ts in the near future but I may not be able to get insurance if this keeps up! I think the Stepped hulls have really improved the industry faster more fuel efficent etc but something needs to be done to stop these accidents!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

It Starts With US!!! We need to wait to find out what happened. Then we need to learn from what happened. Lets let this guy have a chance before we beat him or his boat up.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
LPA2106

we have seen seveal forest accidents with no explanation is ever forthcoming..I gotta tell ya i love speed but half the fun is running hard turns...maybe steps aren't for me?

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-27-2004 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.