Like Tree0Likes

Whose in/from Minnesota?

Reply
Old 04-30-2004, 11:04 AM
  #1
JKK
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
My Boats: 2003 APBA Offshore Factory 2 World Champion
Posts: 136
Default Whose in/from Minnesota?

Working in Minneapolis Minnesota area....

Monday - Friday for the next few months, anyone out there from around this area?

Any suggestions for this Michigan boy on FUN or Adventure in this area ?.........LOL

Would love to hook up with my OSO brothers from around these parts.

Let me know...

Last edited by JKK; 04-30-2004 at 11:07 AM.
JKK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:35 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Caincando1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,485
Default

I'm from S.E. MN. I live about and hour and a half south of Minneapolis. There are a bunch of OSO'ers form the area. There are some that live in or near Minneapolis. A bunch of us boat on the Mississippi River. There is an annual guys only spring run next Friday(may 7th). I'm just a passenger so I can't offer you a ride. Hopefully some of the other locals will chime.

I'm sure Troutly will have something smart to say.
Caincando1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:29 PM
  #3
JKK
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
My Boats: 2003 APBA Offshore Factory 2 World Champion
Posts: 136
Default

Thanks for the tips.....Mostly I am back to the Detroit area on the weekends, M-F in MN for work..........., maybe in a few weeks I'll bring the Cat here and stay over a few weekends and run it on the river?
JKK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:01 PM
  #4
Jester
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Ya, hit up 1st Ave in Minneapolis or the Mall of America for nightlife. In a couple weeks the St. Croix and Lake Minnetonka are the place to be. How many people on OSO are from MN anyway? I've been lurking on and off for quite some time now and wouldn't mind meeting some people.

Who ho, 1st post here ever!
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:04 PM
  #5
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
IceAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,524
Default

I went to MN for the first time last weekend, and I found that the most entertaining thing to do is try to figure out how to pronounce the names of the towns. Who in the hell comes up with them. Kabegatoma???? What is that? LOL
IceAngel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:13 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Caincando1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by IceAngel
I went to MN for the first time last weekend, and I found that the most entertaining thing to do is try to figure out how to pronounce the names of the towns. Who in the hell comes up with them. Kabegatoma???? What is that? LOL
I here ya, I live in Mantorville, not far from Wasioja, just down the road from Wanamingo. I pass through Oronoco on my way to Wababsha to go boating.

Oh by the way. ALLOT of native american names in MN.
Caincando1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:13 PM
  #7
Registered
 
Caincando1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JKK
Thanks for the tips.....Mostly I am back to the Detroit area on the weekends, M-F in MN for work..........., maybe in a few weeks I'll bring the Cat here and stay over a few weekends and run it on the river?
Are you still going to be here in August?
Caincando1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:19 PM
  #8
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
IceAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,524
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Caincando1
I here ya, I live in Mantorville, not far from Wasioja, just down the road from Wanamingo. I pass through Oronoco on my way to Wababsha to go boating.

Oh by the way. ALLOT of native american names in MN.
LOL I think that all of these white guys were asking a drunk indian what the names were and he decided to mess with them and give them all of these jacked up words, and they named the towns and cities after them. LOL
IceAngel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:35 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Caincando1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by IceAngel
LOL I think that all of these white guys were asking a drunk indian what the names were and he decided to mess with them and give them all of these jacked up words, and they named the towns and cities after them. LOL
LOL I think the white guys where drunk too.
Caincando1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:05 PM
  #10
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
IceAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,524
Default

you know i bet your right LOL
IceAngel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bcschoe
General Boating Discussion
2
08-08-2007 03:44 PM
NoQuarter
Midwest
27
07-10-2007 10:15 PM
NoQuarter
Midwest
3
07-10-2007 10:58 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.