Like Tree0Likes

Felt a little wiggle......

Old 04-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Daze
I don't know exactly how much creedence I would place in it...Nonetheless, they are the experts in seismic geology, but hopefully they're wrong.
Well..... saying California is going to have a major earthquake in the future... I like saying ... Florida is going to have a hurricane hit it in the near future.......... I sure you can identify with that statement Baja........ ......... but the major difference.... you guys can see the hurricane headed your way... with the earthquake... it's a big surprise!... and not always a pleasant one either.......
Old 04-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonnie Outlaw
I don't know how you guys do it. It would make me nervous.
Have you ever been in an earthquake Bonnie?........
Old 04-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Troutly
I was once.....a little 5.3 many, many years ago while visiting in Solvang, CA. The epicenter was real close. It was kind of cool, but doubt I'd want to be in a BIG ONE!
When you have been in lots of little ones... you can tell how big they are going to be before they "really hit"... before the shock waves hit... there are high frequency "pressure waves" that travel through the ground... before the big shaking... you can feel the ground vibrating and hear things "clinking" like the glasses in the cupboards and pictures rattling on the walls... it gets to the point you can almost "predict" how big the earthquake is going to be... we used to sit around and when the pressure waves would start... someone would say... 4.2!... another one would say 3.8... I'd say 4.3... and like " the price is right" he who came the closest without going over won!..... But when the big one hit in Northridge in '94.... I about sh!t.... the pressure waves were so big... they exited the ground... it sounded like a locomotive engine had throttled up in the front yard... it was that loud... then it's scary... you can hear car alarms going off... and the shaking hasn't even started yet.... talk about duck for cover....
Old 04-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

HOLY CRAP! Maybe it will just float out to about half way to Hawaii make a nice vacation island
Old 04-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Sandisk

Hey DON 71

That was just a tremor traced to a boat company somewhere in North Carolina tuning for an upcoming speed run.

Old 05-01-2004, 02:15 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by CAP071
HOLY CRAP! Maybe it will just float out to about half way to Hawaii make a nice vacation island
Nah.... we're headed toward Alaska.......
Old 05-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Registered

I hate them. They make me paranoid. If you have animals watch them closely. They can sense it. If they start meowing or barking...or they seem out of character... head for the door way. My Dog used to nudge at me really forcibly. My cat would start meowing like crazy.

And that's poop!
Old 05-01-2004, 06:43 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 25' Baja Outlaw

We are supposedly near a major fault in our area. We had one a couple years ago. I slept through the whole thing (it was around 5 am or something). It was truly a non-event. Other than that one, I don't remember any prior.

We do get mini tornadoes and microbursts quite often (once a year or once every two years). Nothing too horrendous, knocks some trees down, took part of the roof off a school - pretty minimal considering what I've seen them do in other places. They're actually pretty cool to watch and then afterwards you can see the "path" it took.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:55 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Hey Wasabe, I have a spare room for ya if you need it!!!!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

I read the title to this thread and figured you'd been in the "Uncensored section again".