Notices

Pachanga blew up

Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Pachanga blew up

Something let go, I don't know what. Me and brother ran around for an hour, ran great, 160 degrees oil pressure good, engine full of oil. I dropped him off and went back out, running along about 3500 and goosed it when I went under the bridge for the exhaust echo of course, and it went CLUNK and started bogging down and died. Tried to start it, the starter engaged but wouldn't spin it over. Tried several times finally it tried to start, was actually firing but not well, but wouldn't run. Brother and skater buddy Mike rescued me. It was dark by then so I couldn't see anything, but I pulled the dipstick and couldn't see anything wrong like water(but it was dark too). I put it in gear and spun the prop 1 way, reverse the other way, the lower isn't locked up.

Mike and another boat friend Jimmy think the motor let go, I'm hoping against hope that the drive grenaded and has it locked up.

Opinions, please.

This sucks. Blowing up in September is one thing, but May? Gimme a break, God.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Registered

I'm betting it's the motor. Sorry. Trust me I feel your pain. I've been fighting one thing after another since I blew a drive last August. I've been out once since and that's when I discovered my "water in the carb bowl" problem. Thought I had finally everything fixed, then discoved last week I need to replace manifolds and risers on both motors. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to ever stop.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Registered

Man do I know what you guys are talking about! went through both motors last winter everything accept the top end on the port motor, got it all back together and burnt out the valves in the port motor last June, got that fixed, now I have major oil leak in the starboard motor, and chocolate milk in the the port motor does this **** ever stop?? sad thing is they are just a pair of mildly warmed over small blocks, no reason why I shouldnt get a couple hundred problem free hours
Old 05-05-2004, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks
Old 05-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Registered

You guys will appreciate this...

My friend (with a 1974 Donzi 24' twin SBC) also owns a custom chopper shop. He has a little boy who is becoming very wise to the shop.

He's like 4. Last spring when I was cussing at a problem, he walks up to me and says:

"ya know.... if you're gonna have a boat, you're gonna have problems...."

Smart kid.

I feel your pain too. Had to do a block in may of 2002.
I hope you get past this as easy as possible.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had an outdrive lock up and cause the starter to engage but not spin it over.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Pachanga blew up

Originally posted by KH0302
Something let go, I don't know what. Me and brother ran around for an hour, ran great, 160 degrees oil pressure good, engine full of oil. I dropped him off and went back out, running along about 3500 and goosed it when I went under the bridge for the exhaust echo of course, and it went CLUNK and started bogging down and died. Tried to start it, the starter engaged but wouldn't spin it over. Tried several times finally it tried to start, was actually firing but not well, but wouldn't run. Brother and skater buddy Mike rescued me. It was dark by then so I couldn't see anything, but I pulled the dipstick and couldn't see anything wrong like water(but it was dark too). I put it in gear and spun the prop 1 way, reverse the other way, the lower isn't locked up.

Mike and another boat friend Jimmy think the motor let go, I'm hoping against hope that the drive grenaded and has it locked up.

Opinions, please.

This sucks. Blowing up in September is one thing, but May? Gimme a break, God.

by your description of events I have not read anything that would indicate an engine blowing up. You said if fired and wanted to start? Well doesn't sound like a rod. It wants to start but can't get going? well might want to yank the valve covers and make sure all the rockers are... rockin for lack of a better term Is it possible a coupler could have let go?

Tell us more when you get some light

Roby
Old 05-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered

TITS WHEELS AND PROPELLERS, THERE ALL GOING TO GIVE YOU TROUBLE SOONER OR LATER, MIGHT AS WELL GET USED TO IT
Old 05-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Mr. Demeanor

THeres always that slow scooter of yours if you need a performance fix

Old 05-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jump Timming.....Sounds like it jumped a tooth or two
take off the dist cap and check the location of the rotor to the timing mark.at TDC...

Quick Reply: Pachanga blew up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.