Notices

Tools

Old 05-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
there is NO air compressor for <100 bucks that will run REAL air tools, what are you using a dentist drill

and if it don't say Continous Duty rated, It's junk.
cast iron twin or better, at least 12Ga power cord. if it has a fancy plastic cover and looks cool it prob junk. If you can pick it up and put in your truck without help or at least a back ache afterwards it prob junk too.
It has worked fine for us. Not running a flat rate shop, just replacing things on our cars. Air ratchet, impact and die grinder. Yes, the die grinder will out run the pump after a few minutes, but not enough to justify another 3-400+$.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by dockrocker
A handy guide, so you have some idea what tool to use for what purpose:
funny chit dockroker!

Old 05-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have many craftsman peices and some Snap-on to. But my FAVORITE ratchet is an ESCO my dad gave me many of ears ago. Not even sure if they ae still in biz or not or were to get them but you might check them out.

Rag's
Old 05-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

I'm with HyperBaja,
I put a $79 4 gal Harbor Freight pancake compressor on my cruiser. I run the pi$$ out of it every time I change an impeller or use the impact to knock rusted bolts loose. And my friends have put more hours on it than me. No, it wont keep up with a drill or grinder, but for small jobs away from home, they're great.
BTW, I am getting a 220V 60 gal for home. I doubt that would fit on my boat though.
Gary
Old 05-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, one other note on tools for the boat:
The more expensive they are, the faster they sink.
Gary
Old 05-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally posted by BajaRunner
i disagree. i break a craftsman about as often as i do a snap on. yes they are better (snap on) but if you break those in the middle of a project, wheres the snap on man?
Driving over in his truck
Old 05-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
Driving over in his truck

the guy i used was always a terd. i would break something and call him, hes like see you next thursday or you can meet me on my run. i bought more cornwell because of the service. there all good tools, if your a mechanic and can get them easily (and afford them) then by all means i would go with snap on. for the rest, sears.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Registered

true
Old 05-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Registered

15 gallon, 150 psi, 3hp craftsman compressor. Works fine, was 79 bucks and had a bonus kit with it, 10' of hose, tire wand, and an air ratchet. No, nothing has broken yet, so they cant be that bad. Now if you are looking to open/run a full service shop, this wont work. But for the small projects this is more than adequate.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Registered

The psi is cool but volume is problem. If your workin with an impact gun 15 gallon won't keep up. thing will run itself to death.

Quick Reply: Tools

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.