Those kayak paddling Einsteins

Notices

Those kayak paddling Einsteins

Old 05-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Those kayak paddling Einsteins

I would not have know it was the same person that started this post as the paper until I saw your name. That pipe must of had some good stuff in it.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:16 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Those kayak paddling Einsteins

Just an expression Ed anyone that knows me, knows I would never touch the pipe your referring too. Let me re-phrase then .

"I have to put my smoking jacket and get the sniffter with Remy Martin "XO" when I write these!"
Old 05-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
Just remember one thing

boats without mechanical power have the RIGHT OF WAY

Sail boats, fishing boats, canoes and yes even kayaks have the right of way over ANY boat with mechanical power.
That's not entirely true. The law has it that the "the least maneuverable vessel in the situation" has the right-of-way. For example, it would be unlawful and down right suicidal for that matter, for a sailboat of any size under to sail across the path of a container ship or an aircraft carrier. Believe it or not, that sort of this happens in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia fairly often. The trouble is, that many of these people in sail boats, kayaks, etc., believe that they have the right-of-way since they are not mechanically propelled and will try to exercise that mistaken right. The fact is that most larger offshore performance boats running at low speeds are much less maneuverable than a Kayak - especially a Kayak with no lights at night .
Old 05-24-2004, 03:22 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Forrest I think military and commercial traffic have priority over all but no matter who's right or wrong (as oppose to the way sailors think) navigationally speaking, if someone might have the slightest chance to run into me I am getting out of Dodge. I am not going to smash anything up, go swiming or even at worst go pushing up daisies on a navigation principle.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

speaking of kayaks, on the way back down the channel to the boat launch
Monica was at the wheel We came across 6 kayaks taking up the whole channel ABREAST! they were heading out, you would think they could at least think like the rest of the boaters there and stay to the right, but hell no
its like those kids in the mall that walk 8 abreast and expect you to jump out of the way.