Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!! >

Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Notices

Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Old 05-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Originally Posted by totalmp
No, I edited that, as I didn't want my post to sound offensive, but it bothers me that a person is judged completely inaccurately, by people who have never met them, from only a few pictures. Then, these same people post negatively about this person on a board she doesn't normally read, so she can't defend herself. It seems like a cheap shot. Stuff like this only hurts the sport.
By the way, look for Merritt to break PRA's fastest women record very soon.

Steve
Steve,
Welcome to OSO; The Board of the all knowing and all judging the unknown... Ever read the Racers Milling Area? Yes it is sad...
Old 05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Batgirl,

Merritt will be out testing today. As for the fastest girl, we welcome the competition, as the boat and Merritt are capable of 165+.

Steve
Old 05-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
Bat Girl, ....
Women should be cheering each other in this Man's sport ...
It IS a man's sport that is open enough for women to participate.

It is what it is.

G
Old 05-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by totalmp
Just to clarify a few things.

Merrit is very knowledgable about both the boat and the sport. She drives, docks, and can even trailer it, which is more than I can say for many of our guy customers.
She doesn't know how to rig or repair the boat, but she doesn't need to, as she pays us very well to do it.
To date, she has piloted the boat in the high 140's, and is learning fast.
She is genuinely a very good girl, so good, in fact, that she would never look at pictures of any of you and make ridiculous assumptions.
Instead of criticizing her, you girls should be happy that she's participating, tastefully, in the sport. Maybe even try introducing yourselves and offering some tips, as you all are so avid in the sport.

Steve
TMP Racing

Great post!!!!! It's always the girls attacking the girls!!! Pick pick pick.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:27 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
It's always the girls attacking the girls!!! Pick pick pick.
Attached Thumbnails Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!-cb.jpg  
Old 05-20-2004, 10:30 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JM94
Tres threw me in a turn at lake X at 126MPH, that was the best thrill of my life.
The best?
Old 05-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JM94
GLH,
You are one crazy Canadian.
GL just got a new boat this year. He'll mellow out in awhile
Old 05-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

I agree that some of comments here are judging this lady(Merritt) for superficial reasons, she is a God given creature like the rest of us and happens to be easy on the eyes. So many times this nonsense between catfighting women is nothing but pure jealousy because the one across the room is pretty, sexy, or just plain attractive. I think to run this lady down at all is small and petty. I also am tickled to know we have Playboy quality women on the board critiquing others, they could be in Playboy, they just don't want to, RRRRRRight. By the way you don't have to be pretty to be a model just tall, thin, and walk like your looking for a toilet with one crowning. I give her credit for enjoying an Extreme Boat, having the beauty and self assurance to show her body to others. I'll bet you another thing, Merritt is not the kind of person to run down another attractive female, because she is confident she can hold her own when they walk in the room.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is that she is running the boat at 146, you may not see them in Playboy, but she has bigger balls than I!!!
I think this has been a great thread for women. We have learned how some of our OSO girls participate and help the sport grow. We have also seen how some just complain.
I know a few "Lady Racers" that can out throttle and out drive 90% of the men I know. And they are tuff as nails, on and off the course. Check out Sarah Donohue. Runs in a mens class in Europe, Flips (Basically Dies) Is revived, Goes right back to boat racing. Runs the hell out of a Sunseeker on a Bond film (Breaking a few ribs during filming, and knocking the guy over who is supposed to be "Holding her up" and hurting him during the shoot). And she keeps going. Sarah is easier on the eyes than most female racers I have seen and relies on her talents as a driver/Throttleperson (Hows that for P.C.?). I doubt she would show up and ***** about some Bunny on a boat getting more credit than her!
So which Mag do you want to be in dear? The one about the boating lifestyle with you in a bikini? Or the one with you in a race suite? Im still trying to figure out what you are so bent about?
Lets give the girl some credit for handling a boat going that fast, I'll be the first to say she must have skills to still be alive.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

This post is dumb! It is up to the owner of the Magazine to write what they want to write. If someone does not like it, than don't read it, it's as simple as that. Don't start slinging s$%t on a public forum for all to see, it's bad carma.

Personally, I think the magazine is an excellent change from the typical magazines. While it is still in it's infancy I am sure there is more to come. If I didn't like it I would just stop buying it. Why don't the unhappy folks get together and start their own magazine and then you can have whatever articles they want.

Maybe after that, we can come on OSO and bash your new magazine.

Quick Reply: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.