Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!! >

Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Notices

Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Old 05-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

personally, i liked that issue of EBM. quite frankly, sometimes i don't care to read articles about racing, but more about normal people that own and operate pleasure boats or poker run boats. i would rather watch one of Stu's FPC videos rather than watch a video of a race. perhaps it is because i can relate more to pleasure boating/poker running rather than racing. IMO, there is more to powerboating than organized racing. having said that, to each his/her own.....

chad
Old 05-18-2004, 10:39 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I just buy it for the pictures.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roflmfao..... A pretty girl getting more attention?... A pretty girl in a fluff article?.... A pretty girl getting more perks than a hard working girl?... NO... say it isn't so... nooooooooooooo..... lmao.......A pretty woman taking credit for the work of others?.... noooooooo... can't be.....roflmao That girl bought, paid, rigged and operates that boat all by herself .BY HERSELF!..Can't you tell by looking at her that she can do all those things?.... Don't be fooled by the manicured fingernails... she did all those things...... I've never heard of a woman assuming the accomplishments of her husband by proxy. It's just not fair that they did a fluff piece on some woman that has gotten what she wants because of her looks.... nooooooooo.... just not fair.... lmao...... roflmao....

Last edited by Reed Jensen; 05-18-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Re: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Hey Batgirl,
You got my vote!! I think you're cool (and sexy) no matter what you look like. It's interesting to meet and talk to woman who know about boats. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll just have to run out and buy that issue to judge for myself. Thanks for letting us know Batgirl!!!

Did you say "CC's in the boobs..."? What CID is she packing, is she blown, can she run on pump gas? These are the tough questions I would have as a journalist.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am SURE EBM will be coving Wilma Ross...she is not only the best female driver offshore racing has EVER seen, but also one of the best period!!!...national geo covered her this weekend!...anyone that has ever raced her or been in the boat w/her (mike statcombe) knows!

but i understand your point...now start rip'n on the other mags for do'n the same thing

Last edited by audacity; 05-18-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When i got the magazine and read it I had come to somewhat of a similar conclusion... Almost all of the magazine was about her, "her boat", the rigging shop, her spread as extreme girl, heck even the truck was theirs! This must have taken a whole day to get all the information on this issue
Old 05-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
Did you say "CC's in the boobs..."? What CID is she packing, is she blown, can she run on pump gas?

ROTFLMAO! THAT'S FUNNY!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audacity
i
but i understand your point...now start rip'n on the other mags for do'n the same thing
Agreed.
That means Hot Boat can no longer put women in their mag that don't race or at least know how to rig a boat?
It would be hard to find enough women that could fit that profile, unfortunately.
That said, there are a lot of women that at least want to learn the basics of powerboating (my wife included), and genuinely care about what goes on, not just how clean the sunpad is, and if the beverages or cold and if there is a potty on board!

I do agree that it looked like this woman's only connection with this boat was the REAL owner.
Maybe she can drive it, maybe she can't. I doubt she docks it or loads it on the trailer though.

Extreme boats mag seems definitely geared to the male boater. Most males could really care less what she has to do with the boat. I love nor-techs and just to see an awesome machine like that was worth it to me.
I have no need or desire whatsoever for a high maintenance item like her (been there-done that ), so if it makes you feel better, she did nothing for me.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Old
Agree 100%!!!!

That was a total fluff article and damn near unrelated to boating. Yes the woman was easy on the eyes but that's not why I subscribe to boating magazines. If I want easy on the eyes, I guess plenty of Merritt is available on the Playboy website.

Her tie in to performance boating wasn't particularly news worthy. I'd much rather see the women who are busting their butts in the sport get the coverage they deserve. Do they have to get naked to do that?
Yeah! What he said

Quick Reply: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.