Like Tree0Likes

More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Reply
Old 06-03-2004, 07:44 AM
  #31
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Chuck,

Good riding with you last night. Going to Live @ 5 tonight I guess. You in? I did not realize that they tried to get into BLM too! Holy ****! That is WRONG!
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:10 AM
  #32
Charter Member #232
Charter Member
 
Audiofn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carlisle, MA USA
My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
Posts: 18,379
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTIS311
G.L.

You hit it dead on right there bro. I have heard more negative comments behind my back from non performance boaters about the boat is too big and what do you need something like that on Lake George for

The answer is simple

Because I want to and because I can !!


People get jealous because you got something bigger and nicer and all they can do is mother**** you instead of complimenting you
I am jealous does that make me a bad person
__________________
Put your best foot forward!
Audiofn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:20 AM
  #33
VIP Member
Platinum Member
 
wwwTOPDJcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vestal/Binghamton NY
My Boats: 1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'
Posts: 3,477
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Aw Damn now you done it I GOT 17ft itis
if enough of us get this problem we can make a 42 Tiger a common occurrence in those neck of the woods
wwwTOPDJcom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:43 AM
  #34
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofn
I am jealous does that make me a bad person
What I said was relating to any performance boat so even your Donzi would fit that!
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:23 AM
  #35
Registered
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 1,006
Talking Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTIS311
G.L.

You hit it dead on right there bro. I have heard more negative comments behind my back from non performance boaters about the boat is too big and what do you need something like that on Lake George for

The answer is simple

Because I want to and because I can !!


People get jealous because you got something bigger and nicer and all they can do is mother**** you instead of complimenting you
Bob,

Well put. Let me compliment you on a sweet ride. I look forward to seeing it in person.

Chris
EvilTwin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:02 PM
  #36
Registered
 
hugetime1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake George Area NY
My Boats: 1997 hustler sport
Posts: 2,075
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

just a thought, what if we banded together and formed something like the lake george powerboat club. and we tried to work together with the lake george patrol, maybe invite them to some of our events, give them a few rides in our boats, and really let them know that we are a good group of people and that one of our main goals operating these boats is safety, just maybe if we tried this we could get them on our side, and they will start harrassing indians on jet ski's and leave us alone. Hey you never know it might just work, if you can't beat'em, join'em. this aproach works well for pokerruns america, they have a very good relationship with the authorities were ever they have events, and it is because they work very closly with them at every event. I know this sounds crazy coming from me, but i think it would be much more fun to go out and enjoy the lake without having to worry about getting pulled over everytime you go out.
hugetime1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:11 PM
  #37
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugetime1
just a thought, what if we banded together and formed something like the lake george powerboat club. and we tried to work together with the lake george patrol, maybe invite them to some of our events, give them a few rides in our boats, and really let them know that we are a good group of people and that one of our main goals operating these boats is safety, just maybe if we tried this we could get them on our side, and they will start harrassing indians on jet ski's and leave us alone. Hey you never know it might just work, if you can't beat'em, join'em. this aproach works well for pokerruns america, they have a very good relationship with the authorities were ever they have events, and it is because they work very closly with them at every event. I know this sounds crazy coming from me, but i think it would be much more fun to go out and enjoy the lake without having to worry about getting pulled over everytime you go out.
An organization WAS formed for this very reason several years back and it is called the Lake George Power Boaters Association. Dues were collected, officers named, nothing done.
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:41 PM
  #38
Registered
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulaz583
What I am worried about, is that if some "offshore" boats keep sticking it to the patrol, in the newspaper, etc, that they are gonna just get pissed at ALL the people that have these boats, and we will all them following us around the lake, which is NOT there job. I'd like to think that by being together, that we would have a chance with the Patrol, but those of you that live there, and those of us that boat there know that the LG Association rules that lake with an iron hand. All you have to do is read the minutes of their meetings to see what people have to go through to add feet to their dock. I'm glad LG is great, its clean, and beautiful, but it seems that some things are overdone by the Association, and they control the patrol.

I'm not on any bodies side. From what Chuck said, it does seem that they are being a PITA to him, so in this case, except for the speed, which he admits to, I'm on his side.
All that you say about the LGA ruling the lake is not true. They have fought SEVERAL developments and multi home subdivisions adamently and lost. Cresthaven, the two new mansions south of the Tahoe Motel, Sun Castle etc. They clearly have a strong voice however. Unfortunately, things are EXTREMELY political and palms are greased and unfortunately there is alot of $$$$CHA CHING$$$$$$ in the pockets of the VOCAL MINORITY. Furthermore, radar is NOT accurate from the angle the DEC supposedly "shot" Chuck, ESPECIALLY on a boat! This was more along the lines of easy pickin's. It is all about the $$$$! And THAT is the BOTOM LINE!
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 PM
  #39
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Chuck, How did you make out ?? Did you call my Lawyer. I have been out two days this week but havent seen a patrol boat yet. I also talked to Ron Abbott today. He said the patrols were bothering him for having the wrong L.G. sticker on his boat. series A instead of C. They actually boarded his boat and searched his cuddy for a bathroom or porta potty !!! They will probably make an episode on CSI about this !!

lmao
otis311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM
  #40
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Oats, what's the LG sticker series A/C??
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
drypipetiger
General Boating Discussion
26
09-25-2006 08:33 AM
LostinBoston
General Boating Discussion
17
08-08-2006 08:49 PM
JBOUTLAW25
General Boating Discussion
6
02-05-2006 10:38 AM
toolman
General Boating Discussion
35
05-02-2004 10:45 AM
Checkmate283
General Boating Discussion
8
05-20-2003 03:00 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.