Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
I will and have turned a 36 Skater tighter than any V bottom I have ever driven. If a cat, at least a Skater, is properly set it will turn like a little F1 tunnel boat. However, if you happen to get any air under the sponson the boat will break loose, flat spin and barrel roll......done that too.
Its that "However" part that scares me
Old 06-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Its that "However" part that scares me
When things happens there is little if any time to react. I think that's the concern with steps and cats. I think it's more a factor of pure speed than design. The faster you go the faster they happen. Now we can go so fast that there is no reaction time in some instances. A life vest and lanyard are your best bets. They are there and react when and if you can't. Face it, 90+ mph in a boat is "really racing boat parameters" and needs similiar precautions. Those guys wear jackets, helmets, have an oxygen tank etc. Obviously I am not advocating that but remember you are going 90+ in a boat with no brakes! Reading the water conditions a few "football fields ahead" is novel to many.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 06-02-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Velocity -The motor is purpously shut down .I've driven a lot of V's This will be a first for me , 1/2 power in a cat LOL . Just doi'n any home work I can .

just curious why is one shut down?
Old 06-02-2004, 04:04 PM
DannySixPack

Originally Posted by Jesse James
I know this but there are also several stars that do have these boats that have not had training/seat time rodman, kid rock, and numerous others

if i stated Nick Carter I retract that .....
howz about Jason Preistly, who after running his race car into the wall at kentucky speedway, moved on to wrecking power boats at high speeds.

too much money, not enough brains, and it's not just celebrities that suffer from it.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas
..... people are not taking responsibility for their actions PERIOD....

I think that says it all no matter what boat(or anything else in life) you are running.

Hell, I recently got thrown out of a 12 ft aluminum row boat because I was being a jack a$$. I had a 12 ft boat with a 15 hp merc outboard on it, it gps at 33mph, I know that not that fast but try running that fast in a 12 ft boat meant for half the horsepower. I launched the boat about 10 times at WOT and on the 11th I landed,lost my balance and ended up in 48 degree water with all my clothes on.

I cannot blame anyone but myself. I knew I was more than pushing the limits of the boat and I knew it would bite me in the a$$.

The bottom line is that self-ingnorance should not mandate others to put warning labels on everything. Take responsibility and understand what you are doing........... DO NOT JUST THINK YOU KNOW.......MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY DO KNOW.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas
there has to be a law for people to put life jackets on their kids,,How someone could take there 2 yr old on a boat and not put a life jacket on it mindblowing!!!!! ?
There is a new WI state law that states all kids 12 and under must wear life jackets when in boat.

Coasties at the Milwaukee ABPA race 8/03 pulled me over and gave both of my friends kids certificates to congratulate them on being aware of the new law. I didn't get jack. A "free tow" or "get out of jail card" something like that would have worked.

Last edited by Downtown42; 06-02-2004 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Downtown42]There is a new federal law that states all kids 12 and under must wear life jackets when in boat.

my whole point with that is that its sad there needs to be a law,,,
its pathetic the people need to be told to keep thir kids alive!!!
iddiotsss..
Old 06-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry, I just ck'd and I think it is a new state law for Wi.

I edited my earlier comment
Old 06-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

klaatu, I don't think we follow.... Why is one motor down ? IS it throttled back to turn or is it broke ? In either case it will handle diferent with one motor down . If you are driving a cat for the first time it is best to have an experienced hand in the boat to give you pointers ! They DON'T STOP well ! I say 3-4 times the stopping distance if yoru props are high . And the turning is COMPLETELY different then a V. They will slide like they are on ice if you don't set up your turn right ! And even at slow speeds ! They feel VERY LOOSE ! VERY hard to get used to after a V. Best advise is stay away from everything you can . GIve it plenty of room to TEACH YOU !

Once you know it and have it set up and cat cat turn like it's on rails ! I have been in JET SET , 40' Skater making "HAIRPIN - U turns " starting and 130 mph and throttling through it !! Ask RonP ! Feels like 5 G's !!
Old 06-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

what is was saying is i cant beleive there has to be a law for people to put jackets on there kids,,
there is a law in calif too..

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.