Another stepped hull goes dancing >

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

i was in a 32 velocity big single blower motor and it was by far the craziest most violent ill handling ( nicknamed it flipper) boat i could evey imagine,, it had to be rough or the thing woud just keep chine wlking at anythiong over 65 mph,, it keeps falling off the pad,., so bottom line is they are all dangerous,, people need to drive with thier head not their ass,,,
some comon sense would be nice too
Old 06-01-2004, 05:55 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas
i feel that this is a point that is being beaten to death,
i think its silly if u want to turn like a porsche would be like an allison my 35 fountain would be like a hummer goes thru bumps but i am not gonna take it to infineon raceway and see how quickly i COuld spin or roll,,
your average person is a dumbass and we cant do anything about that i am worried that we are goig to be so dam protected we will all drive ELECTRIC HUNDAIS..
THE ONLY THING WE NEED TO CONTROLL ARE THE LAWYRS,, in most countries around the world if u flip your boat and hurtyourself we would feel bad for u and u would say ah i screwed up and move on..
oh no calif its the boats fault the water wasnt blue enough the boats step jumped out and spun me its a FREAKIN JOKE..
NO TAKES RESPONIBILITY FOR THIER ACTIONS,, ITS A DARN BLAME GAME.
ANSWER IS NO MORE FRIVELOUS BS LAWSUITS,..
IF U CAN SUE FOR SPILLIN HOT COFFE THIS CHIT IS WRONG. U ARE A MORON FOR SPILLIN AND CANT ACCEPT THAT AND AN ATTORNEY WILL MAKE U REALIZE HOW WRONG IT IS TO SELL HOT COFFEEE ????????????????
WHAT A JOKE....

MY 2CNTS
Well said...whatever it was....

Interesting point about Fountains, however....after Ben Robinson started racing in Factory 1 in a pad bottom Fountain.... He started making setup changes based on his experience racing Allisons in prior years. The changes worked quite well.... Unfortunately his later Factory 2 escapades led to some questionable engine mods..... and he was hysterically labeled a cheater...by people who would rather throw a guy out than fully comprehend why he was faster and more talented than themselves.

T2x
Old 06-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
Yes, in fact it was a TS/TG. I had seen it earlier this year at Lake Shores. I think it had been recently purchased from Lip Shipp, a gorgeous Gun BTW. Drivers seat stand broken and torn from floor and hatch is gone, but otherwise doesn't look too bad for being under water. They have the motors flushed already and new oil and have had them running. Just waiting on insurance co. now.
From Lakeshores? Is it purple and yellow I think? Just had a AZ speed kit put on the 575's? If so I also looked it over in the shed this spring.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joey,

With all due respect, I remember this "old style" "inefficient" bottom beating your "new style" "better" bottom on a fairly regular basis. Then, at this years race in St. Cloud you offered to "instruct" this very same operator for a nominal fee, until you found out that he beat you on a fairly regular basis. hmmmmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails Another stepped hull goes dancing-twistedboat.jpeg  

Last edited by Shane; 06-01-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Steps are definitely a marketing tool. If you don't have them customers aren't looking at you as much. None the less companies like Sonic are doing great without them.

However they do work. A constant increase of atleast 10% for us using identicle hulls and decks on a 37', 8500 lb. boat. Every time, too. Single step DDC design. And I would venture to say anybody on the board that has ridden in one would testify to it's unusual ride and attitude.

The problem is going to be injuries, lawsuits and government control as we all have talked about. We already see the lawmaker's heavy hand regarding emissions and noise. Certainly safety is on the top of the list.
Pat,

You are a fine man, with a realistic outlook, who is not affraid to call a spade a spade and tell it how it is. Not to mention you build one hell of a 32' boat! I hope you are well my friend.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jonas
i feel that this is a point that is being beaten to death,
i think its silly if u want to turn like a porsche would be like an allison my 35 fountain would be like a hummer goes thru bumps but i am not gonna take it to infineon raceway and see how quickly i COuld spin or roll,,
your average person is a dumbass and we cant do anything about that i am worried that we are goig to be so dam protected we will all drive ELECTRIC HUNDAIS..
THE ONLY THING WE NEED TO CONTROLL ARE THE LAWYRS,, in most countries around the world if u flip your boat and hurtyourself we would feel bad for u and u would say ah i screwed up and move on..
oh no calif its the boats fault the water wasnt blue enough the boats step jumped out and spun me its a FREAKIN JOKE..
NO TAKES RESPONIBILITY FOR THIER ACTIONS,, ITS A DARN BLAME GAME.
ANSWER IS NO MORE FRIVELOUS BS LAWSUITS,..
IF U CAN SUE FOR SPILLIN HOT COFFE THIS CHIT IS WRONG. U ARE A MORON FOR SPILLIN AND CANT ACCEPT THAT AND AN ATTORNEY WILL MAKE U REALIZE HOW WRONG IT IS TO SELL HOT COFFEEE ????????????????
WHAT A JOKE....

MY 2CNTS
EXACTLY! I think.....
Old 06-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Spitfire, Sweet! '98? I had a white one that I sold to Craig's kid when he was at Stainless Marine. Loved that body style. The new one had to grow on me. Any opinions on the '05 body?
Old 06-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Old
I can think of at least a couple builders of very fast V bottoms that don't build steps and have no interest in doing so. Sutphen and Velocity. I'm sure there's more.

On the back of a Sutphen Race Boat in the late 90's...

"NO STEPS, NO PADS, NO BEAK, O BULL!!!!!!"
Old 06-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Registered

this is looking bad-azz.
Attached Thumbnails Another stepped hull goes dancing-06-gtr.jpg  
Old 06-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

Shane, how've you been? Yeah, everything is good. Except, you are right, my only problem IS calling a spade a spade! When you are coming south make sure you call me.
Pat.

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.