Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Originally Posted by audacity
cig...man,,,,the picture get me all fuzzy inside...O, i mean cool!

first...fix those tie bar mounts and put the weld'n on them...the one your using or the way it is with forces applied change your toe in and out...we use both....but if ya trim one and not the other it will snap your gimbal ring due to non parallel geometry.
Jo .. don't start gettin' all teary eyed on me

I've never like the tiebar setup I have now .. I am planning to add the tiebar to the endcap mounts ... (although not for the reasons you mentioned .. I just thought it looks cleaner ) ... because this is now a pleasure boat, I don't think I'll go to the extremes of welding.

I will assume that since this boat was campaigned in F2 by the factory, Phil and crew had the bottom dialed in as they possibly could (they did win ... a lot). Granted the boat is no longer in it's F2 setup, Phil has driven this boat and would know if things were setup a little goofy and would have advised changes. Being that the boat is fast as hell (I've run it to 92 mph w/ 525EFI's), I believe it is dialed in fairly well for speed. I haven't started to test the limits of it turning ability, but so far, I haven't experienced any quirks.

And thanks for your insight ... I'm sure others appreciate it even though they have a hard time acknowledging it.

G
Attached Thumbnails Another stepped hull goes dancing-9.jpg  

Last edited by cigarette1; 06-04-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

NOW THAT pix ROCKS! if ya have any questions about how a boat should look while running in the rough...well, there it is!

didn't know this waz the boat....due to the boxes and SM's.

ok,,,this boat rocks...how can i help ya!

ps...bottoms do change

Last edited by audacity; 06-04-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

My Ears Always Burn. I Have Turned The 2 Step 35 Fountain Inside Others Arcs More Times Than I Can Count. I Can Guarantee It Will Turn If You Have Your @#$, Well You Know What You Need. I Would Like To Add That For The Momentum Loss Incurred When Making A Short Arc As Mentioned You Lose Whatever Gains WERE Realized So Enough About Will It Or Won`t It. And My Love For This Sport WAS Forged From Running A 15ft Hydra-sport F&s Jumping Upstream Miss. River Barge Traffic. The Problem With That Idea Is You Have Wayyyyy Too Much Run-up Space To Get Going Before The Launch. Damn!i Should Probably Not Be Here Right Now. I Have To Go Clean Myself From The Thought...........

Last edited by Lute Dickey; 06-04-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered

lute,,,you not only talk funny, you type funny too!

you never post in here lute....somethin must ya sparked ya up!

15 foot hydra's?...seems like a lot of offshore racers have, including last years f2-21 driver phil semel...

Dr.Dre' says hi lute!...damn woman work'n on her doc's now...someone gota be the smart one out of us! she misses you, bengie, and the hell child statcombe...

Last edited by audacity; 06-04-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I Get A Kick Out Of Comparisons Between 40 Ft Offshore Twin Engine Powerboats And Bass Boats, Ski Boats, Pontoons, Sea-do Jet Boats, 15 Ft Alumacraft Duck Hunting Rigs, Hell Why Don`t We Add A Few Grand Banks Trawlers To The Mix! I Have Often Wondered As To The Turning Charachteristics Of A Hondo V-drive With A 1350 Sterling In It. Oh! Wait! If A Guy Can Buy A 1350 Sterling He Doesn`t Want A Hondo Does He.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

now that's some funny $hit!...i'm outa here..the bald guy (crew chief) has got my helmet cam wired up for this weekends MX crash fest, i mean riding!...damn stepped tires!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Another accident:
33' Baja was operating too fast for lake conditions. The operator made a sharp turn and was ejected into the lake. The passenger impacted the windshield and landed inside the boat. The boat circled until passing boaters managed to disengage the boat and rescue the ejected operator.
That obviously must have been one of the proto-type 33 Baja's with a step. I was at the lake this weekend and any boat with speed in a turn could have had serious problems.
When will people quit placing blame on the equipment and start looking at the operators. I have been aggressively (controlled aggression) been driving a step boat for over 6 years without any problems at all.
The key to anything is to know your boat and the conditions around you. I am not saying the people in either of these accidents did anything wrong, however it obviously did not simply happen because of a step hull.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mjp Right or another reason is it passed over the WAKE of a Stepped Vee causing the accident... There is no way operator error can be affixed…
Old 11-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Registered

I heard there wasn't a "step".............?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Registered

Wow, I just finished reading 15 pages on this step topic and EVERYONE missed the obvious! Triple Digits remedied this argument by inventing a " 12 step drive", he can do hairpin turns at over 100, just ask him. End of argument!

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.