Selling my house.....need your help >

Selling my house.....need your help

Notices

Selling my house.....need your help

Old 06-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Selling my house.....need your help

Your 13K apart, Get with a mortgage broker to qualify your buyer. let him know what his payment are going to be. You are only talking $50 a month in payments. Get the buyer off price and on payments. Also, know your market get an appraisal make sure your not the highest bidder. I'm a Realtor in Fort Lauderdale, here I tell you to hold out for your price until late July, but I don't know your market.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish there were prices like that around here, $200,000. K and you have to tear it down. Been looking for a few years now so far its been pretty frustrating! Jo
Old 06-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered

get another appraisal, as wrong as it is 90% of them are gonna ask what you want it to com in at and if you say 145k i'll bet your house comes in @ right around 144,695 Figure out what you need to get out of the sale entertain any offer over that regardless, if its what you'd like to see. A ready willing and able buyer that makes a reasonable offer should be carefully considered cause remember a counter is a delcine of their offer and now they are no longer obligated to the # that was on the table, so you've given them the chance to back out. My.02
Old 06-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered

Funny thing is I am sitting in an airport fixing to catch a flight to Jackson, MS right now Won't be there long enough to help move though

AH CMON man........I'm a few minutes from the airport.......I'll meet you there with the boxes.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Registered

here's what the plan is. Going to call her and say basically we'll take 143K but no less. Reason being...we just put it up and there's no need for me to come down. If she's interested....she'll bite and then we'll get and appraisal together, etc. There's no way I'll take 132K, just way too low, so I'm not really worried about turning them down, b/c if they don't bite there's plenty of others that will. Neighborhood is pretty much a hot spot right now which is mainly the reason I put it up for sale right now.

I agree....I think July will be a better month which is why I'm going to stick to the price for the most part. Main reason she offered 132K is b/c they priced some other homes in the neighborhood, they are smaller and the plans are pretty bad which is why they are priced that low. Others similiar to mine are selling at 140+ so I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Registered

As a builder/developer in SE MI, this is what I recommend. Call a realtor and tell them you are thinking about selling your home and ask them to do a comparable market analysis. They will do this at no charge with a hope of a chance that you will give them the listing. There is no obligation for you to do so.

The market analysis will be all comarable houses in your area that have recently closed and for what price and for how long they where on the market. This will give you a good idea of where you should be price wise.

Like others said, appraisals are not a real indication of true value and they cost you money.

The realtors on this board may not agree with what Im telling you so( sorry guys) but this is what I recommend. Who knows, maybe they will come back with a great # and you can list it with them and still net more than you hoped to begin with.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Registered

Well I called her last night and told her she can have it at 143K, she's going to talk it over w/ her husband and let me know. As I was leaving this morning, I picked up a flyer from one of the houses down the street....it's listed at 147,5K by owner, it's about the same size, but it's just not as nice as mine. Front of it, and not as many built in's as I have. Nothing against the house...just saying that mine is definitly worth the 143 if this one is going for 147. I'm showing the house again tonight but I think the couple thats intrested in it will buy it....just a feeling I have from talking with them.

Closing is concerning me now....any tips?? Haven't had a termite inspection in a while....guess I better get the ball rolling on that.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Registered

bump
Old 06-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

97 BOSS HAMMER,

If you sell your house and want to stay in it for another 30-45 days, be sure and close on the sale, then lease it back from the new owner. I did this with a house that I sold (per my realtors recommendation). The new buyer was laid off right aftter closing, but my sale was done. If I had waited 30 days to close, the deal would have fell apart. My realter earned his commission on that deal! good luck!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Registered

Also a well and septic if it applies. Otherwise the Buyers Bank will order title and appraisal, set the close and you are all set. Thats what happens here in MI at least. Dig up an old survey, it can be used again and save them some money. Next is the Purchase Agreement, I can help for this state but you may need assistance from your area. In any case i can walk thru it with you and give some hints.

Quick Reply: Selling my house.....need your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.