Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M >

Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M

Notices

Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M

Old 06-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transformation Begins Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M

A special Thanks to Matt in Boston, and Billy for taking great care of an ole' Classic Flat Deck by Picone.

Read the Story at the Following Link, its a Hoot, with some pictures, and a cartoon by a renoun International Cartoonist!!!! Almost forgot bout the reworked Gilligan's tune.

http://artwanted.com/mb.cfm?Task=Top...c=41408&Cat=11

Now its time to get to work and make a splash after more than 2 years in storage.

Last edited by Hiflier; 07-07-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Registered

Default Re: Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M

Glad you made it back and the trip back was at least a little less traumatic. Need to post some more pics of your new boat though.

-Greg
Old 06-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Registered

Greg,

was that a picture of your boat in the reir view mirrors????????????????
Will be posting more picts.
Cleaned up all the storage fogging and grease for that long sleep. Hit the key and it fired up in one or two revs. Surprised how well it runs after sitting 2++years. Was still filled with antifreeze.
Hows your new toy??? Did ya sell the 402.
OK All, if you want an awesome 402, drop Greg a line. Saw it last weekend, Sweet Ride.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me Likey the Carreras.. Still sortin this one out
Old 07-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Registered

Default Carrera transformation

After taking a long hard look at the Hull and deciding it needed updating, I decided to paint again. Graphis artist, yes I have and incredible artist!! Just ask me.
Gutted the engine compartment, preped for paint. Stripped the hull, and prepped for a multi-layer application.
Pictures attached, and mor to follow.

#1 Before
#2 After many many hours of work, the first coats of clear go on the sides.
#3 all the clear is on the sides, still need to complete 3 stage sand and buff, so many hours but worth the final stage to make her shine. Now its up to the top side. Base Coat is going on.
So far not including the pre prep work, (sanding the old paint off and stripping the hull), we have 170 hours just in the paint work and praphic app. Not including the artists work hours.
Attached Thumbnails Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M-billymitch.jpg   Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M-dsc01685.jpg   Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M-dsc01691.jpg  

Last edited by Hiflier; 07-07-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Registered

Mor pictures of various stages. Very hard to see the detail work, but its there. Lottsa of airbrush work.
Attached Thumbnails Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M-dsc01686.jpg   Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M-dsc01631.jpg   Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M-dsc01638.jpg  

Old 07-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

Hey Fred I'm with you.
Now its Association Time. I have been talking with you bout an external twin steering setup for twin alphas. Yes its Mitch. This is one of my projects. Need to talk with ya bout some billet pieces. Time soon to put her back together, Tank filler, vents, pop up cleats, etc. on n on with the parts.

Mitchell
[email protected]
Old 07-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Registered

Quite a radical make-over. I envy you guys that have shops big enough to work on a boat in. Oh, and say "Hi" to the artist for us.

-Greg & Juliet
Old 07-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Registered

Hey Greg,

how goes your new boat???
We are making some changes on the Carrera. Dawn said to say "Hey".
Lets see who gets their toy rolling first, Rad corvette, or carrera?????
Any bets???
I introduced dawn to a High-End performance boat shop owner, and vwalla...........she is now working there doing graphic design, air brushing, and so forth. May have to oficially get into custom painting again for ourselves.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Registered

Well, the Scorpion is wet, but still not really running. Have been having problems with the port engine. Made some progress, but have called a Yamaha mechanic to come work on it next week (before I mess anything up too much).

The Corvette has been taking a back seat to the boat (which wasn't "supposed" to be a project), so has not progressed much. I did manage to get the parking brake mounts welded in, but I'm still looking for that magical "free" week to take it all apart for paint (did I mention I envy people with BIG shops to work in).

Tell Dawn to take a look at Julie's web site, she has been selling lots of her flamework on e-bay lately. She looks at it as spending money, I am just glad we won't be drowing in beads <LOL>.

Keep the pics coming - Greg

Quick Reply: Its Finally Back Home-Carrera SS8M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.