When is the Oshkosh Poker Run? >

When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

Notices

When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

Old 06-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

There will be problems with the DNR. The only way they will leave you alone is if you register the event as a race, if it's a race then your insurance is automatically voided. They came to the last event that I attended and spoke about the noise. Later when the citation was being issued, the officer told me that "I had been warned". They waited for us to go up river and then moved into position trapping all of us. Running on a single will not be good enough, because they will stop you when you are planing. That's when they got me. Being nice and polite gets you nowhere.

The last time we did the run, we were showing over 100 miles on the gps. There are several points to buy gas, but your best bet is to start with full tanks. Just be carefull. The last couple of legs are dry. I would fill up in Oshkosh before launching.

B3-you must go with the speed. By the time your cruiser got into the port for lunch, people would be leaving. If you can't average 50, then you will be left behind.

As to the DNR leaving you alone because the money is going to charity...remember...during the Milwaukee race, one of the race boats was giving people rides in exchange for donations. The DNR shut down the event because of the noise.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

That's actually a pretty good idea, but there is no way I will have the boat ready. I'm still doing yard clean up. I also have a grand opening to attend for a building that I designed. Maybe we could plan on doing that for Smoke?

I take it that we missed the opportunity with Tom?
Old 06-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Registered

I missed that in Milw. What day was that? I slipped 4nts down there and there was lot's of loud.

DNR up at Oshkosh has gotten uglier the last couple years from what I hear.
I'd like feedback after this next drivers meeting before run on what the DNR states this year.

Never heard your boat Cord, but someone I thought said it was REALLY LOUD!!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

DT, yeah Cords boat is loud....but sure sounds SWEET

I try and avoid the Winne area because of the harrassment the DNR hands out. Luckily when I am up there I have the kids with me which kinda makes them turn their heads towards someone else. I know some folks that went up last year (non poker run) and they ALL got stopped for noise and ticketed. Once ticketed, the DNR asked where they put in and told them "off the lake" and made sure you left....not a fun day on the water.

B3 (Kurt) hey, nice hearing from ya . You still have the cruiser with the 383 stroker? hows she running...

rv...they pretty much have a PVC pipe set up that they use as their guide to make sure the distance is right...the ones I have seen are three feet horizontal with a three foot piece downward. They stick the low end at your exhaust and put the db meter at the other end of the pvc to give them the reading.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I missed that in Milw. What day was that? I slipped 4nts down there and there was lot's of loud.

I lost a critical element when I was proof reading my post. That charity run was on Winnebago and was sponsored by merc.

Yea, my boat isn't quiet. I think it tested at 97db. For the record, my truck idles at 90db. The only way you will pass 87db is with some really good restrictive mufflers or through prop exhaust. Before the test, the DNR will look for silent choice, so don't even think about that.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:09 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks HP500efi, I will have to do some measurements, 3ft seems pretty close!

Does Mark Lee have any response from the DNR for this event?

We are planning on going up early on Friday and run around some. Sounds like the DNR hangs in the river area. Any area that they specifically hang around at or are the all over.

Rick
Old 06-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Registered

One area to turn mufflers on is lake beuttemore (cant remember spelling) when headed to winneconne, you get real close to the shore there by the buoys and homes. I mean like 50' away is where they have buoys set and that shorline is a definate NO NO. People with binoculars will get regisstration and call dnr. All other beutamore running is ok except for that 1 mi area.

Headed to Lake MIchigan for 2 nts!!! SEE YA ALL, you too GL
Old 06-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Pretty well any place on the river is fair game. They hang by the RR bridge, by Rainbow park, before the highway bridge. The Fox River is totally fair game. The Fox River where it empties into Beut is where they got me. Your run will be on Winnebago. I honestly can't say where the DNR will be out there. I'd expect them to be by the RR bridge to catch people on their way to the Performance Marine card stop or at the Fondu Lac harbor.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:10 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Brave Heart, yell at me if you are at Riversplash. I'm leaving this morning and returning Sunday.... 35' black and white fountain..."Downtown"
I will be down there Saturday. Look for a 390 express. B3
Old 06-04-2004, 06:14 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

Originally Posted by hp500efi
DT, yeah Cords boat is loud....but sure sounds SWEET

I try and avoid the Winne area because of the harrassment the DNR hands out. Luckily when I am up there I have the kids with me which kinda makes them turn their heads towards someone else. I know some folks that went up last year (non poker run) and they ALL got stopped for noise and ticketed. Once ticketed, the DNR asked where they put in and told them "off the lake" and made sure you left....not a fun day on the water.

B3 (Kurt) hey, nice hearing from ya . You still have the cruiser with the 383 stroker? hows she running...

rv...they pretty much have a PVC pipe set up that they use as their guide to make sure the distance is right...the ones I have seen are three feet horizontal with a three foot piece downward. They stick the low end at your exhaust and put the db meter at the other end of the pvc to give them the reading.
Whats Up HP 500, all is well.
Still have the Cruiser with mouse motor, just bought another toy. 2 two many.
I will be up in Oshkosh next weekend forsure, look for a 390 Express named SOLO B3 Kurt

Quick Reply: When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.