Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
We are Woman hear us roar! With big power! >

We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Notices

We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Old 06-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Wasabe

I can teach ya anytime you have the time.......and I have the time.....and I don't hit **** like Jeffrey does. You could learn more from me in one day than a while year of Jeffrey (DAP) teaching you!

Yur probably right. You go out far more often then we do. Besides you would have to know more because you own 2
Old 06-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasabe
Yur probably right. You go out far more often then we do. Besides you would have to know more because you own 2
OK STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY!!!! Sorry Nort

Wasabe I wish my wife was more like you. I have been trying to get her to drive the boats for the very reason you have said above. They may very well come a time that Jeff may get hurt and you may be the only one on board to help him, OR there may be a time that some one has to much to drink and you are the only sober person. My wife is fine driving as long as the water is flat but as soon as it gets rough she will not drive. So basically as I start to have fun she is in tears and I have to drop her off and go out myself I got her a Donzi this year and hope that she starts to learn how to drive it.

Jon
Old 06-09-2004, 07:16 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

...Forget it. I can't talk to half the guys here because of that attitude...
Now Now don't get the pleats in your skirt ruffled.
I try to inject a minimal amount of sarcasm in what I say here I'm open to all to be out there burning gas. I know BCC had a enviable killer setup for a good while, all you need is will and determination and that's available to men and women here in the US.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Also Wasabe if you really want to learn how to drive then Jeffreys boat is NOT the best boat to learn in. Norts boat for a large boat is MUCH easier to drive, and is MUCH more forgiving then the Gladiola is. If you really want to learn guy a hydrostream, or alike boat. DO NOT go out there on your first day and try and light the water on fire with it but you will learn EVERYTHING there is to know about trim, flying the boat, docking and on and on and they are cheap. You can get a real clean one for under 6 grand. Then off to the local lake and have the time of your life.

Jon
Old 06-09-2004, 07:49 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Site is down
Pardon the pun, but it was up the 4 times I tried it last nite and twice this morning..

Your turn.

http://www.racerchicks.com/
Old 06-09-2004, 10:20 AM
John NY

Is there a workshop somewhere or an event where the girls can get to have some fun and get knowledge? Hands on training? .
Wellcraft used to run a school. Not sure if it was just for Scarab owners. I'm not sure if they are even selling performance boats anymore.

I'd be surprised if there weren't any other water based 'high performance driving' schools around. Similar to what they have for cars; like Bob Bondurant and Skip Barber do.

Sounds like you may even just want to start with a basic boating course that are offered everywhere. These are offered by the USCG and the US Power Squadron. Hell, that's what I was made to do back when I was 16 and my parents got a boat - very worthwhile time. They cover everything, but not high performance. If you are just starting then this is the place to 'start'.

http://www.usps.org

John

Old 06-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I told Patti last weekend. The next time it breaks down YOU get to get in there with three hot engines, six very hot exhaust pipes, and then get to figure out the problem then fix it. I am sick and tired of being the only one to fix the problems on the boat (especially after a long Friday or Saturday night). I want to just sit there and look pretty.

All kidding aside. She does help in providing the necessary tools and supplies to keep us going. Including keeping me from losing my mind, ducking at the appropriate times (from thrown objects and comments), and providing me with cold beverages.

Bill
Old 06-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Registered

Wasabe,

I applaud you for wanting to learn all aspects of boating. I became interested in boating in 1997, I dated a guy that had a Scarab and fell in love with boating. He taught me alot the hard way, alot of yelling and criticizing, I would not recommend a boyfriend or significant other teaching you. I decided to buy my own when I was not allowed to take the boat out and I was only allowed to boat when he wanted to. Needless to say it didn't work out. My first was a 87 23 Wellcraft Nova single 350. I was fortunate to have other friends take time and continue to educate me further and I also took the Coast Guard Course. I kept that about 2 seasons and went to a 28 Sonic with twin 350's for about two seasons and now I have a 38 Formula with twin 500's. It is always a learning experience in one way or another but I enjoy every minute of it. I would like to be more technically educated but I have not found any courses either. Aside from participating in the oil changes and winterizing I do not know much about engines. I am on the east coast but I would be up for some kind of basic engine course as well. Good Luck and don't let these guys discourage you!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Registered

Charmed1

You da man!!! Very cool!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya know. All I said was that I wanted to learn. TO BE A BETTER BOATING COMPANION! NOT TO STEAL THE BOAT!
Wasabe: My new girlfriend has never been around a powerboat in her life. She has been up to the lake twice now and can already tie a line, tie bumpers, operate the lift, and wants to learn to drive occasionally.

She took it upon herself to ask questions, pay attention, and have fun doing it. Pretty soon, I won't have to do a damn thing! LOL.

I'm sure Jeffery would be more than happy to show you how. He would be better than some school or whatever because he knows the boat. If he has refused to humor your curiousity, then there is your barrier.

Quick Reply: We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.