Notices
View Poll Results: Should OSO Women have our own section?
I'm a Woman. Yes, we should.
3.03%
I'm a Woman. No, we shouldn't.
12.73%
I'm a Man. Yes, we should.
36.36%
I'm a Man. No, we shouldn't.
49.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

The Women of OSO

Old 06-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: The Women of OSO

Originally Posted by Tonto
Cool, what did you get?
Just a big ole heavy Top Gun with stock blue Mercs, right G?

So bad azz.......

LS JR.
Attached Thumbnails The Women of OSO-f2-cig.jpg   The Women of OSO-f2-cig2.jpg  

Last edited by lucky strike; 06-09-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the subject. When I first met Debbie, she lived up in the boonies near the Suwannee River, and if you had a jon boat that didn't leak, she thought it was the sh!t! I had a fishboat (still have it) when I first met her, as a matter of fact, our first date was a ride up the river in my fishboat. Shortly after we started dating, I bought a 20 foot Formula, then a 242, then the 302. Last year I bought a 20 foot Donzi Minx, and she informed me she damn sure wasn't riding in that little POS! Somewhere along the way she had turned into a Princess, and I didn't know it. After I rebuilt the engine and she cleaned it up, she informed me that the Donzi is now "hers" along with the 302, but she was kind enough to "let me" keep my fishboat and the 20 Formula.

She is really into the boating. She can spot a number six drive from a quarter mile, and a beak boat from two miles. She can discuss deadrise with you, and she knows there are no ropes in a boat.

Last month, we took a ride on the same stretch of the Suwannee as our first date.
Attached Thumbnails The Women of OSO-suwannee-5-1-04-016.jpg   The Women of OSO-suwannee-5-1-04-028.jpg  
Old 06-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im confused ..there are no ropes ?
Old 06-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Registered

Jeeze I read this whole thread in hopes of seeing some hooters or something
Old 06-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

Hello Everyone

I have finally joined OSO, had been an occasional guest but realized what I was missing.

as for this thread: NO i do not think we need our own thread, it's more fun mixing conversations with both sexes.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Registered

Don't let the guys get to you- if your in Tampa/Sarasota area look me up, I'll be happy to take you out with the rest of us girls. We put over 200 hours on my 38' Fountain " LADY LUCK" and still enjoy the fun and yes, its work, it's not all sitting back in a bikini- its washing, flushing, checking oils, putting in and out ( boat that is) . But once we hit the water and chill out and feel the need for speed with the respect for the waterways- we have a blast. Your more than welcome, I learn more everyday with the guys I hang with - and even more by just being on my own, owning my own boat and all that goes with it...Woman that work hard, live well-can also play hard- don't let others tell you otherwise- I enjoy showing other women the basic, but by all means I learn more everyday by watching, reading and just being out on the water every weekend.My hats go off to all the guys that showed me along the way and gave me the confidence to continue what I enjoy.. It's funny cause, I work so hard on my boat, sweating, washing by the time I get around to get going I look like sh-t but have a great time anyway and don't care. One thing- no finger nail /toe polish on my boat.. .By all means - just get out there and do it, anything that breaks can be fixed or repaired. And if you have to pay for the repairs/dings etc. you learn real quick..
Old 06-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Just a big ole heavy Top Gun with stock blue Mercs, right G?

So bad azz.......

LS JR.
Dazz Right !!!

G
Old 06-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

IDRPSTF~
That has got to be the funniest post I've read on this thread so far!

I also have to agree with Outlawcowgirl! I don't think we need (and voted against) a separate section. I'd much rather "hang out" with the guys and get my info from their experiences.

Wasabe~
I know you have good intentions! But, like some have mentioned, why don't you try to get Jeffrey to teach you some of the things you want to know? Or, you could always take a boating course like one of the other ladies did. I know Kenneth (my better half) is always willing to take the time to answer my questions and teach me about things on the boat that I don't know. He actually likes to brag to some of his buddies about what a turn on it is that his wife knows something about boats and motors! And I REALLY enjoy it when a guy talks to me about motors and boats like I won't understand what they are saying and I reply back with so much info that it totally catches him off guard and he doesn't know how to reply!
Just be patient! I'm sure in due time you will not only look great riding on the boat but also driving it!

Best of luck!
Cat
Old 06-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered

Its nice to see those on OSO giving these Ladies the credit they deserve.
After all, thats all these Chicks are asking for, right?
These Dames can boat just the same as we can.
If Some Betty wants to give it a shot, sure.
Then thats exactly what the little Honey pie should do.
Boat away my little Tart...Boat away!
And we will give all of you boating Broads the respect you command.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ladyluck
Don't let the guys get to you- if your in Tampa/Sarasota area look me up, I'll be happy to take you out with the rest of us girls. We put over 200 hours on my 38' Fountain " LADY LUCK" and still enjoy the fun and yes, its work, it's not all sitting back in a bikini- its washing, flushing, checking oils, putting in and out ( boat that is) . But once we hit the water and chill out and feel the need for speed with the respect for the waterways- we have a blast. Your more than welcome, I learn more everyday with the guys I hang with - and even more by just being on my own, owning my own boat and all that goes with it...Woman that work hard, live well-can also play hard- don't let others tell you otherwise- I enjoy showing other women the basic, but by all means I learn more everyday by watching, reading and just being out on the water every weekend.My hats go off to all the guys that showed me along the way and gave me the confidence to continue what I enjoy.. It's funny cause, I work so hard on my boat, sweating, washing by the time I get around to get going I look like sh-t but have a great time anyway and don't care. One thing- no finger nail /toe polish on my boat.. .By all means - just get out there and do it, anything that breaks can be fixed or repaired. And if you have to pay for the repairs/dings etc. you learn real quick..

Lisa, is that you?

Quick Reply: The Women of OSO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.