Notices

Long Boat Key, Florida

Old 06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Long Boat Key, Florida

Does anyone live on or near Long Boat Key?... My brother has a job opportunity there and was wondering what it is like... I've gone online and looked and the tourist information looks nice. What is the housing like there... Affordable?... or is it better to work on the key and live elsewhere?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks...... Reed
Old 06-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Long Boat Key, Florida

Its beautiful there!!!!!!!! Water is awesome!!!!!!! Living there "PRICELESS"...IT TAKES SOME SERIOUS JACK!! I luv it there, but its pricey like everything else on the coast. Sarasota is just as bad($$$$), but its gorgeous thats why every from the North buys down there. If you stay more in the Bradenton area its not bad.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Registered

I work on Longboat alot it is a nice place takes lots of money to live there like Speed said. I live just north of downtown Sarasota rear the mususem area a little more afforadable. Weather and boating is great!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Registered

I do a lot of work on Longboat Key. It is as snobby, snooty, with the worst homeowner associations as anywhere on the planet. I have very close friends there, Screaming Eagle Race Team, who just moved off Longboat because they couldn't stand it. They were always fighting with their homeowner's association. South of Sarasota, i,e. Nokomis, Venice, still has some waterfront property that is reasonable. Nokomis is ten miles south of Sarasota, and what would cost 275K in Nokomis will cost you 475K or more in Sarasota. PM me and I will give you some email addresses to obtain more info. Like Frank said, parts of Bradenton are much more reasonable also. Russ
Old 06-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Registered

Longboat Key entry level 750,000 for a near tear down was there in feb.,march and april it is where i want to be and also maybe a little south. Casey key is awesome.I am in search in that area.That is not to bad if you move now it will surely go up!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

Now Casey Key is fabulous.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow... that is what I was afraid of... sky high property prices.... he would be working right on the key... but would probably have to commute in from somewhere cheaper.... but beautiful area... thanks guys...
Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

How does the boating in Fort Myers compare to the Sarasota area? We are looking for a winter home somewhere in south Fla and would like to buy something on the water (canal or bay) in the 500K range or under. I know Sarasota has gotten real pricey but can you still get something decent on the water in the Nokomis and Venice areas for under 500K? How do they compare to Fort Myers?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Registered

You can definitely get something nice in Nokomis or Venice area for that price. I prefer this area over Ft. Myers because of the close proximity of Tampa/St. Pete. OPBA is a great boat club based out of St. Pete. www.opbafl.org

Boating is great along the entire west coast, but I personally like the Venice to St. Pete area best. PM me and I would be glad to set you up with some info sites.