Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why wont anyone buy my boat? >

Why wont anyone buy my boat?

Notices

Why wont anyone buy my boat?

Old 06-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why wont anyone buy my boat?

All it takes is one with the cash. Unfortunately, in that price range, it is an extremely limited pool of potential buyers. All you can do is just keep advertising and/or contact brokers. May take awhile with the economy and gas jitters. You could try a $ adjustment. But, I would think in that price range, it would not be a minor adjustment.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:49 PM
T-N-T Sales

Consider giving a broker a central listing on the boat. Looks like you've got a very nice boat. You need some one who can get it to a larger market and a customer base to market the boat to. I haven't seen the gas prices make any differance to sales, in fact we're having a very good year.

Old 06-15-2004, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TNT is right. You have to increase your exposure to the proper markert base. Those who have $$$$ and want are still buying. Fuel prices and trips mean nothing to anybody who is flush. The cost of inusrance may be an issue depending on your rating.

The used boat market is actually a market for those who want and want now. Instant gratification. It is also a market for those who do not want to take the initial hit of a new unit. A small % of the $$$ they save can still be utilized to personalize a unit and have plenty of $$$ left.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you think if the economy stays on this track a few speed boat builders will close their doors for good?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Registered

Buck ,
thanks for thinking of me ! I would figure someone would jump on this with the options of having a brand new motor with a warranty.

Sorry for jumping in on your thread Ray.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-N-T Sales
Consider giving a broker a central listing on the boat.
I tried to find a broker for mine but no one was interested (most didn't even return messages). The only one who did seem interested have a place to store/show the boat, just running a PO box and phone shop.

-Greg
Old 06-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Try Dupont Registry.

Also, an old saying I have always liked... Image is Everything.
Its all in the presentation; and here is my take.

Your website is great, with lots of great pics, but a person buying your boat, whether on a whim, or seriously searching for 'your' boat, is going to be a busy person. Heck, we all are. Taking the time to click on each and every thumbnail to take pics takes too much time. Make a full page of key pictures, that comes up right away. Then link them to more info.

(NOT tooting anyone's horn here but like this : )
http://members.cox.net/activethunder37/photo.htm

Also, get it in the water and get it tested. The buyer of your boat again, is going to be a busy, and somewhat wealthy person, and does NOT want to spend his time dicking around chasing gremlins. Emphasize the bulletproof-ness of the 500EFIs, gas and go, turn-key concept. You will have to prove this is the case first however. Also, for a boat of that magnatude, get a short video clip of it running, that you can email to someone. Again... Image is Everything. Make the buyer WANT to be driving that boat in the video clip.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-15-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've heard that triple engine boat's are hard to get insurance on??????
Old 06-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Registered

Nice boat. Put the drives on and take a pic without snow.
It's almost July.

I don't have a quarter mil, but if I did, old pics would make a difference. So would seeing what look like ram arms hanging off the boat with a yellow line threaded through because the bottoms of the drives are off. Get a good fresh pic with the business end intact. Maybe it's just the angle.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Registered

I agree initial pic shows drives off and then the link pics give way to much detail. Save those pics for someone that was to know how the boat was redone. It gets confusing for the person that just wants a kick a$$ boat with nothing to worry about. Simplfy with good quality complete pics. Sometimes a item that has been apart and back together scares some people so don't show pics unless someone asks..

Quick Reply: Why wont anyone buy my boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.