Like Tree0Likes

Wiring question

Old 06-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2003, Baja, 33' Outlaw
Default Re: Wiring question

No, I actually checked the wire before the connector and nothing, so that does mean it's on the truck side. Also, I am talking about reverse lock-out and I usually only pull the boat during daylight hours but I understand that there are always exceptions and you're right, I would probably burn up the solenoid. The only way I can make it work is to pull the five pin out, turn it upside down and insert the reverse pin into a different pin/hole.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.

Wally beat me to it.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-30-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

My Boats: Chris Craft Stinger 222

Yup it looks like its on the truck side......i would double check all your fuses. They sometimes look good but when you put a test light on them you can see if they are not getting a good contact. If that dont solve it then you may have a break in the wire someplace. time for the dealer to fix or for some custom wireing up to the truck cab.

yea when you flip it over you are useing a different set of wires.....could be tail lights, turn....etc...i wouldnt do that too often incase you backfeed any of the lighting systems.........

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.

You can just turn your 5 pin perpendicular to itself when you need to backup as a quick fix, and feed power to your reverse solenoid from your trailer lights pin on the 5 wire flat. You will be relying on your trailer ball as ground which is not always a good ground though.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:11 PM
rookie_j

http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/trailerlights.html

should'nt matter ford or chevy....

Old 06-30-2004, 05:11 PM
rookie_j

i'm lost, sorry

Old 06-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Check my reply to your thread in tech. You need to plug in the relay and fuses for all of the 7 pins to be active.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Registered

Waite waite waite ......
I don't have one hear right now but , I think you are missing a fuse .
Go under the hood , on the driver side you will see a square black box .it is your "OTHER " fuse box ...... Open it and look at the top row closest to the engine . You will see a row of "maxi" fuses .( the real big ones) . One or 2 of those are probably missing ( you only need to add one). I think it is one towards the front of the truck marked "stud 1" I think . Stick one of the others in it and I bet you get you power ..... You will definately get the 12 V wire when key is on ..If I had seen this an hour ago I had 2 of them here I could have looked at and told you for sure . Going out to change an engine now ,but if you still have questions call my cell . I can help ! Joe
908-963-2513
Old 06-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Registered

Oh , us1 beat me to it . Yes there may be another relay too . Some do some don't . They would be behind this fuse box closer to the fire wall and close to the master cylinder . A small black square box about 2" wide and 3-4 " long . Lid is probably taped on with black tape . Open it and see if there are 2 relays in it . Joe
Old 06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2003, Baja, 33' Outlaw

I think you guys are on to something. I had mentioned this to Wally in a private message because I had read something very similar on a Powerstroke Forum, but they were talking about an actual brake controller so I didn't know if it would apply to me or not. I have two of those little black boxes you are talking about and it seems like one had the relays in it but the other one did not. I will go look again and let you know. Also, the one Maxi fuse in location 28 which is for Trailer Electronic Brake Control is missing but I took out one from location 27 and it still didn't work, but maybe I need the two relays also. Thanks, Danny