Information on Chief motors >

Information on Chief motors

Notices

Old 07-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who has first hand knowledge about the Chief 950SC or 1000SC please fill me in on all of the goods and bads. Thanks fo sharing your experience.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Registered

Default Re: Information on Chief motors

I believe Parnell (Nautikitty) has big Chiefs in his 41 Saber, enough to break the century mark. You might want to e-mail or PM him.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:17 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Parnell is the perv you want to talk to as DR says.

Here are those 950/1050 Chiefs at work, of course the 6's on boxes help.
Attached Thumbnails Information on Chief motors-saber41_1.jpg   Information on Chief motors-parn3.jpg  
Old 07-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered

From what I have ever read, Chief is one of the most respected engine builders out there. A guy down here has, I believe, Chief 800's in his 35 Cafe Racer. He's three years on these motors with no problems. He is fanatic about the basic maintenance but the motors have proven their worth.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey from another engine builder Tommy , his entire operation and the quality and workmanship of what he produces is top notch. Also one of the nicest hardest working people you ever want to be associated with.As far as i know there is no bad to be known here.The engines are world re known for quality and reliability.Hope this helps you out Laz Mesa www.mesabalancing.com
Old 07-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered

I have read some negativity on here before. Something about not using top quality parts when engine was tore down and didn't last long, this and that. Could have been somebody with bad blood, who knows. I have seen some of their displays at the Miami boat show and they look awesome, but looks can be deceiving I guess.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SR-24
I have read some negativity on here before. Something about not using top quality parts when engine was tore down and didn't last long, this and that. Could have been somebody with bad blood, who knows. I have seen some of their displays at the Miami boat show and they look awesome, but looks can be deceiving I guess.

I have seen the way Tommy builds and operates his biz, he uses the best of the best for engine parts. Every engine buyer requires a special price and not everyone wants to pay for the top notch parts when quoted. Every project has a price and a list of parts to build a motor, with Tommy you get what you pay for, honesty and the experience to back it up. I build my own motors and buy alot of his products and I speak from hands on activity with a great guy.

ALBERT
Old 07-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered

SR-24
Where did you hear this from? I am currently at CHIEF right now putting my new 950's in my 41, and I can assure you that there IS nothing but top shelf equipment in ALL of Tommy's engines.

Hey Albert, what's up? Come by sometime.

Robert
Old 07-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No first hand experience here nor have I ever heard anything negative. Looked at Chief 4-5 years ago. Unless I'm totally losing it, He had a wide array of offerings, they were reasonably priced and he had a detailed Bill of Material for each package so you knew exactly who made the block,crank,rods pistons,etc. Just my .02--Lou
Old 07-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Registered

SGrady has very good luck with him. I have heard all good re: Chief and would consider when my time comes.

Quick Reply: Information on Chief motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.