Notices

Lake Cumberlands 76 Falls

Old 07-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Lake Cumberlands 76 Falls

And here is a pic from last Sat. Notice how 'busy' it is.
It has gone a bit past act resposible for right now. They are saying no coozies this time, as has been approved of in the past. Also, NO anchoring in the middle, have to be tied to shore. As far as the flashers, last yr on that very message board, it was stated topless girls are not illegal but showing of the genitals are. Seen many times the CO's posing with topless girls for pics.

Was mentioned that the CO's are now walking the marines looking for open containers.

My bet is Grider Hill will feel the biggest bite for now.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will probably be a tough rest of the year but I am sure by the end of the summer (ie Poker Run Weekend) it will have calmed down! The dock owners have too much clout down there (Russel County Clerk of Courts is Bridgette Popowell), They will have things calmed down in no time. The falls will not be what it has been recently but it hasent gotten really this crazy except in the last few years. I am sure there will be a new "party cove" that forms somewhere else like has happened at LOTO. I guess I picked a good summer to move to FL though! I plan on being back at Cumberland for a few long weekends a year I just will not make it this year!
Old 08-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Registered

after reading all the post
we decided to go to the brickyard 400 and got over our quota of tna and beer saterday night down in the coca cola lot ..but had a good time...maybe next year the falls will come back to life? whats fun was having my offshore only hat on at a nascar event. alot of weird looks.. but we missed the fall and all the nice boats.
thanks for the updates and the pics on what we didnt miss out on
Old 08-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

According to the LC message board, enough feedback was put on the higher ups to let things go back to normal. However 76 is still being monitored heavily. Keep you beer in coozies and be responsible. Seems easy enough.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Registered

Sorry to be "against" the perfomrance boating crowd, but I always enjoyed 76 Falls as a kid, and I cannot take my kids there today because of what goes on there. I think it is sad that people get upset about an attempt to stop public nudity and vulgar activity in a place like 76 Falls. Defending drunkeness and public nudity.......sorry, that is not defendable It's a shame.