Notices

Herring Props.....

Old 08-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Herring Props.....

Im am currently running a set of 34P 6 Blade Hering's on my boat. They are by far the best propeller I have ever run. I originally ran a 5 blade prop from another company, and could not keep the props together, they broke every time out. The company blamed it on too much horsepower, or too high of a X dimension. I ended up buying a set of the 6 blade Hering's and have not had a problem since. I also tried the 5 blade Hering and had the same perfect trouble free results. I was gernading a drive every 3 trips out and propellers almost every trip out, since changing to the Hering's I have not had any problems including drive issues. My driving habits have not changed, only the props. Alot of companies will tell you there props are the same metal and this and that. The truth is, nothing I have tried works better then my Hering's. They are worth the money and the props show it time and time again.

Jeff
Old 08-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I too slung a Hydromotive. Mine was a P-4 and it took only an hour or two of use.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:28 AM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Cool Re: Herring Props.....

I've tried both Herring and Mercury on my boat. I found a huge plus in the Herrings. Yes sometimes Jimmy takes a bit of time, but I have had phone calls from him at his shop, 11pm, letting me know the status on my props. Look at it this way, he's a busy boy and you can't rush fine art! I will second 3DO, he was cracking props from his previous prop supplier, as well as breaking drives, put the herrings on and no more issues. To much horsepower, please, those are Teague motors!
Old 08-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Registered

"I was gernading a drive every 3 trips out and propellers almost every trip out, since changing to the Hering's I have not had any problems including drive issues. ".....people come to me with drive problems....i tell them the props are the FIRST thing you should look at!...unless it's a hering.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blingbling
I will second 3DO, he was cracking props from his previous prop supplier, as well as breaking drives, put the herrings on and no more issues. To much horsepower, please, those are Teague motors!

LMAO!!!!!!!

Whatever Sandbagger, 1100HP, Sounds more like 1100 BP (Baby Power) To Me

Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa

video of a crying boat
http://home.comcast.net/~j-herman/130_3003.avi

Posted By: Audacity
people come to me with drive problems....i tell them the props are the FIRST thing you should look at!...unless it's a hering.
I would have never belived it, but knock on wood not one problem with anything since the change.

Jeff

Last edited by Three Days Only; 08-19-2004 at 12:35 PM.