Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Turbo Diesel Powered (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83452-turbo-diesel-powered.html)

Dregsz 05-22-2006 04:00 AM

Re: Turbo Diesel Powered

Check
Smithpowerboats.com

Donny Smith used to rig my brothers championship winning Skater. his diesels are very inovative and he knows how to build and rig

eMotiondriver 05-23-2006 04:59 PM

Did anyone mention Gifford Racing? There cat ran Bi-turbo diesels..

Also another team that runs high HP diesels,
http://www.startboat.com/index.php/s...e_italian_job/

Jassman 05-23-2006 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dregsz
Check
Smithpowerboats.com

Donny Smith used to rig my brothers championship winning Skater. his diesels are very inovative and he knows how to build and rig

I checked the web site, and saw Yanmars on there. Probably what I'm going with. Thanks Jeff

shifter 05-23-2006 09:32 PM

The transmissions are semi-auto only."paddleshift /handles or rockerswitches.

We won the 99 and 2000 world championship with Victoryteam 4/speed-dropboxes and Seateks. The rules were changed to get us out (lamborghini) was tired of seeing us beat them down the straights and through the corners. The same happened in the states in 96. Big companies run the racing so if they can't do it no-one can have it.

We have run up to 6 speeds in the boats and it is magic.

pat W

Jassman 05-23-2006 09:38 PM

Hey Pat I sent you a PM. Thanks Jeff

Rik 05-23-2006 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by shifter
The transmissions are semi-auto only."paddleshift /handles or rockerswitches.

We won the 99 and 2000 world championship with Victoryteam 4/speed-dropboxes and Seateks. The rules were changed to get us out (lamborghini) was tired of seeing us beat them down the straights and through the corners. The same happened in the states in 96. Big companies run the racing so if they can't do it no-one can have it.

We have run up to 6 speeds in the boats and it is magic.

pat W

Okay, I'm in for some MAGIC.

3 fwd speeds, in addition to a neutral and a reverse and must transition without a shut down of power between all selections.

Cost.... well here is where I need some real magic not an illusion.

Rik

shifter 05-23-2006 11:49 PM

We have that Rik. 2-3 or more speeds.
You will see soon.
pat W

Jassman 06-17-2006 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by shifter
We have that Rik. 2-3 or more speeds.
You will see soon.
pat W

Pat is your 2 speed ready. Boat will be finished in 7-8 weeks Thanks Jeff

Mirage 36 06-18-2006 05:09 AM

Glad to see this topic resurface. I've been toying with the idea of building a gear box to attach a single large deisel to twin outdrives: Splits the torq, solves docking problems because you'd have independant F&R...this would be for cruising app not racing or HP.

Jassman 06-18-2006 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mirage 36
Glad to see this topic resurface. I've been toying with the idea of building a gear box to attach a single large deisel to twin outdrives: Splits the torq, solves docking problems because you'd have independant F&R...this would be for cruising app not racing or HP.

After I get this boat, I will be looking at preferably a diesel set up on a 22-26 CC. I dont want a single drive for exactly what you are explaning. Docking would be easier, with the fuel effeciency of a single larger diesel vs 2 smaller, as well as save space, weight, and possibly more fish boxes. :cool: I just wish this market would adapt or get the R&D going, it always seems the marine market is so behind the times. Jeff