Notices

king lice

Old 07-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: king lice

Mine's a short fuse. Piston lifespan is around 25hrs. Not the poster child for reliability.
I'm re"calibrating" for best topend power at the expense of some of the explosive acceleration. I'm going to bring down the compression a few notches and take some ignition retard out of it (I'm at 225psi and 17 degrees of retard right now). This will basically make the tradeoff I'm interested in. I figure I'm somewhere around 275 to 290 hp.

The SeaDoo RXP is having teething problems. Seems that the one-way clutch on the supercharger drive is delicate and is not holding up well. The boats are fast, though, and seem to run 66 to 68mph box stock once broken in. The lower boost and nonintercooled GTX/SC is holding up a bit better. Combine the lower supercharger inertia with the generally less aggressive riding style of the three seater and you give the parts a better chance to live. I have also heard of SeaDoo denying warranty claims on some of these boats on all sorts of gray areas. If you plan to purchase a supercharged SeaDoo, make sure you trust your dealer to be your friend in the event of a warranty need, as opposed to covering his own butt. The RXP will outdrag and outrun a GP1200R Yamaha, but for about a grand, Riva and others offer kits to put the GP1200R on the winning side of the equation.

GroupK offers probably the best packages on a bang/buck/reliability scale. Your '00 XLL is a good boat to modify. The big bore kits get different reviews. GroupK removes the powervalves from the Yamaha cylinders on their big bore motors. Others offer the 1300R cylinder/piston kit as retrofit to the 1200R with excellent results.

Yes, of course I am running a digital ignition. Full total loss MSD multichannel programmable digital electronic ignition. 17 degrees retard starting in at 4000 to fully in at 8500 limit.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who are the "others" that do the 1300 cyls?? Do they keep the stock carbs?? I put the Riva air cleaners and the stinger pipe on my 1200 . Grp/K dosent like that set up, they like the stock air box and a "D"plate. I didnt talk about getting rid of power valves but did talk about Riva power valve controler and the ignition retarder. I like their approach of some motor work and some hull tweeking and pump work. DO you know anyone who has done GRP/K package?? If yes, how much did they spend?? I'd love to find someone who is good at this on the side of a regular job or shop. Any recomendationsdown on the so/west coast of fla or up in the NY/LI,NJ,CT,RI,NH,MASS area?? THANKS AWsr
Old 07-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

http://www.islandracing.net/pages/793105/

I don't know anybody personally running the GK BB. I've known about Harry Klemm, though, since mid 70's. He was smart then, is smart now.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robyw1
I haven't ridden a wave runner since I wiped out on one going only 35. That was fast enough to hurt once you hit the water in a contorted position. Now 70? I just don't think I would want to try that. You guys are brave but be careful nonetheless.

Roby
Ever skip stones across the water, same thing, throw it soft, hits hard and sinks, throw it hard and it skips alot then sinks
Old 07-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I suppose that I should repost the pic of the jetski with a 2.5 in it.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cord
I suppose that I should repost the pic of the jetski with a 2.5 in it.
I think that one (actually a few of them) was made at Land and Sea in NH. Those guys were NUTS back in the day.

Jon