Notices

Active Thunder

Old 07-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Active Thunder

I believe I met Outlaw Cowgirl recently. This weekend I was asking her opinion on an Active Thunder 28 Savage. She said this site would be the place to get some good feedback on this boat.

Can anyone help me? It is a new 2004 and has a 496 HO in it. Are these boats put together pretty well? It sounds like it from the website and a couple of brochures I have read. Will it perform well? One salesman told me from 63-66 mph.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Old 07-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Steve_H

Default Re: Active Thunder

purdy blond with a baja?
you might try doing a search for active thunder for more info.
also try the owners forum.
Active Thunder

Old 07-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Registered

They are a custom boat, mine is 100% balsa core, hull, sides, deck. I would think this is too, excellent rough water boat and built very well. I have a 32 and there is no flex at all in any sea. I don't have a pad or a notched transom, i don't know if the 96 28 did, I have been impressed by the ride and have 80 hrs, it is new to me this season. If the price is right you will not go wrong.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Jafo has a 28 with twin 350's in it. I've driven it in some pretty sloppy Lake Michigan chop and it did awsome!!! Upper 60's to 70 with his motor package. And no rattles to be heard anywhere.

'Foul
Old 07-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Registered

I have a 1999 32' new to me this year and so far very solid. Zero rattles, very well powered. It takes anything Lake Havasu AZ. has to offer.
I had 11 people on and it did great. It has twin 500 efi's bravo 1's 28 pitch 4 blade and gets out of the water the same with 2 or 11 on.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AT does not use any wood in construction now. They are very well made and the rigging is impeccable.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Member Chris on the board has a 1999 28 Active Thunder Savage with a 502.

I have been on it several times and the boat runs great in sloppy water. It has a high free-board so you always feel secure when the water gets rough.
It has a good size cabin and just is a good looking boat.

Cordell
Attached Thumbnails Active Thunder-chris-active-thunder-2.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

2003 37 Active Thunder, twin 496HOs, new to me this year, bought with 100+ hours on it, and I have known the boat since new; as the original owner is a member here on OSO; ToddW.

Realize you are looking at a 28, but here are some stats: The config on my 37 is a consistant 76 mph boat, no matter how loaded. I even pulled 77.6 at one time, with a lot of fuel and 4 people on-board. Two weekends ago, I was going to try for 80 in the salt, once I ran some fuel (and beer) out of the boat by the end of the weekend. Too bad I broke a drive within 5 miles of dropping in the Chesapeake Bay. The hull on the 28 and the 37 are very similar. The Harry Schoel designed DDC (step) bottom is VERY efficient. Case in point, my boat will plane on one engine, with both props on; and run 30 mph with only one engine. I have not planed the boat with one engine, but Pat, owner of AT has; however, I did run my Port engine out of fuel, and continued back to the marina on plane for a couple miles at LOTO on just the SB engine; the weekend I bought the boat.

I love this boat. Rigging is neat and clean, amenities are plentiful in all boats. I have toured the AT plant, and met the owner. Its a small, but honed organization. Personally, I have never ridden in a 28AT, but I don't think you will go wrong with the purchase as long as You like the ride.

Also check out the AT owners forum here on OSO; which is linked above, and again here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=30

Search back posts for lots of info.

There are a few folks here on OSO that are pretty knowledgeable about AT. Jassman has forgotten more than most of us will know, and Pat, may even chime in as well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-27-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

redbuddy, do you have some pics of your 32

Just courios, I had a 32 and I like to see different ones
Old 07-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered

I have a '94 25' with a 454mag and this boat is solid. Lots of room even for a 25 footer and the boat loves the rough stuff. Took it out on Lake Ontario Saturday with 4 to 5 footers and the boat flew like an eagle.

You can not go wrong with the support either. Pat was more than willing to provide information even though I was buying a used boat privately.

Quick Reply: Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.