Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's Going to Win? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84213-whos-going-win.html)

Semper Fi 08-02-2004 10:12 AM

Re: Who's Going to Win?

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
I respect both but would like to see Reggie win. Why? Well he offers the 42' Executioner with T-425's for under 200k and financing to make it within reach for the "masses". Why does this matter? Because it keeps the sport alive for those who want a boat of that size at that kind of price-point. It goes 75+ MPH and it's a nice package. Mr. Fiore offers a boat that most can not dream of affording. When Fiore offers a 42' OL for 200 k give me a jingle.

Good point

Wild 08-02-2004 10:13 AM

42 fountain and 42 OL with stock 1075 mercs and 6s - that will be the only way to tell

T2x 08-02-2004 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wild
42 fountain and 42 OL with stock 1075 mercs and 6s - that will be the only way to tell

and the Skater Vee.............

So far..Spiderman( The Skater Vee on Super Vee class) has blown away every other vee bottom.... and been penalized with extra weight as a result.

Listen, I think stepped vee bottoms are dangerous at any speed over 100. But, if we must have a pecker length contest..at least invite all eligible contenders.

T2x

LostinBoston 08-02-2004 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday

At the Miami boat show we were 2 of only 4 people in the Outerlimits booth and there were four of them and they did not even acknowledge we were there. They make you feel like they are way above the average Joe out there. Glad they can get big dollars for their boat, just not from me.

that's surprising. I talked to one of the saleseman for about 20 minutes about their boats and some custom ones they built, which led into some of the used ones they know of for sale. I even told him I cant afford one of his boats yet. Maybe he was bored. This was a a couple years ago, i think the 2001 miami show.

C_Spray 08-02-2004 12:22 PM

After the cubic dollars contest is over:

Take both boats, rig 'em with stock 525's, and re-run the contest. THEN: swap the engines and drives between boats and repeat. Overall average over the two sets of runs determines the winner.

Of course, if Skater shows up, there would be three sets of engines/drives and three sets of runs....

MIAMIBOYZ 08-02-2004 03:19 PM

No matter what Reggie is a legend in anyones mind, to each their own,
I still prefer a Cig 42 Tiger over any boat.

lonestar382 08-02-2004 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by MYPANTERA28
I still prefer a Cig 42 Tiger over any boat.

I agree completely!! :)

articfriends 08-02-2004 05:55 PM

I give my vote to reggie,my next boat will probably be a fountain (no,not based on this showdown) P.S.-does anyone else think reggie looks like a someone from goodfellas? I hope mike from outerlimits doesn't end up in a shallow grave in the desert! I AM JOKING,PLEASE DON"T GET OFFENDED!!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-02-2004 06:02 PM

Ok,
So, OL had an additional 400hp. It also had to carry an extra 5 ft of real boat length, which would mean 8+ more feet of boat length than the Fountain due to the beak factor of the Fountain.

So in reality, it probably balances out.....

RonP, Fountain is running the bottles? :eek:

This will be one hell of a drag race....

I don't see anyone telling the NHRA that they should stop trying to go faster with their equipment. So why start here?

Good luck to both and please be safe.....

CMG 08-02-2004 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=sharkeymarine]Ok,
So, OL had an additional 400hp. It also had to carry an extra 5 ft of real boat length, which would mean 8+ more feet of boat length than the Fountain due to the beak factor of the Fountain.

So in reality, it probably balances out....QUOTE]

sharkey beat me to it, Fountain 42 against OL 37!