Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's Going to Win? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84213-whos-going-win.html)

lucky strike 07-30-2004 05:02 PM

Who's Going to Win?

Whose going to have the worlds fastest V-bottom record?

Fountain or Outerlimits?

Semper Fi 07-30-2004 05:06 PM

Re: Who's Going to Win?

You mean.....who has the bigger D*CK?

I think they should run the same size Outerlimits against the same size Fountain with stock mercury power and see who's boat is better handing and more efficient. That would impress me. I personally don't care who wins this one. Probably 1% of OSO'ers could afford boats like those racing for the worlds fastest V-bottom anyway.
It's really hard to say who will be the fastest. They are both determined to win.

Lofty 07-30-2004 05:43 PM

$$$$$$$$

BajaRunner 07-30-2004 05:49 PM

Im going with Outerlimits, although i think reggie will be right there on his ass.

Madcow 07-30-2004 06:50 PM

I'm voting "Don't Give A Crap"

Semper Fi 07-30-2004 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by sutphen30
i'll second that :D

I Agree!

rainmn 07-30-2004 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Madcow
I'm voting "Don't Give A Crap"

Ditto.
I hate to say it, but this ego contest can only end badly.

HotPursuit 07-30-2004 10:03 PM

1 mile flat water is this offshore racing or **ssy racing.What happened
to 200 miles in 6 to 8 footers????????? Don't get me wrong I love Kilo speed,
but after they run fuel them bad boys up and hit the ocean!!

paradigm shift 07-31-2004 12:08 AM

I am with Too Old on this. Those that do not care still take enough notice to post! :drink:

boater31v 07-31-2004 12:11 AM

I personally like Outerlimits better but I think Fountain will be the fastest.
I just think Fountain's are built more for speed and Outerlimits are more for show with the go.

rouxsterre 07-31-2004 12:27 AM

Seems like the "DON'T GIVE A CRAP" crowd should be posting on threads where they DO give a crap . . . just seems to make sense. Otherwise it just seems like a waste of perfectly good keystrokes/bandwidth.

Maybe ( just maybe ) nobody gives a crap that you don't.

stecz20 07-31-2004 01:21 AM

i care, sort of. my buddy has an outerlimits, ill vote ol..... can i vote cigarette on the side bet............

105mph_38_2003 07-31-2004 05:44 AM

I now what OL can do but I also think that Reggie has a few tricks up his sleeve...I am on the fence but do hope all goes well without any accidents....

But like everyone else I think I would be more interested if it were 2 525 efi powered boats. But boys will be boys:)

Qball 07-31-2004 06:49 AM

I dont think there is any question who's hull is faster....

160mph- 42 fountain w/1250's 10K+ after Kilo run

161mph- 47+-(could be wrong) OL w/1450's -10K after distance run over a mile long.

I think it is pretty clearcut... if you add the extra 400 hp to the fountain...it's not even a contest.

P.S.- I do not own either one of these boats and I am impartial.

Jassman 07-31-2004 07:18 AM

As far as I'm concerned, they are both winners. Both companies have a viable place in the marketplace. Both boats are entirely different, in size, weight, and horsepower, so it will give one of the two companies an excuse or a way out as to why they lost the race. Irreguardless, Records are made to be broken, and may the best company win. Good luck to both of them, and have a sanctioned safe race. :) Jeff

CMG 07-31-2004 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
You mean.....who has the bigger D*CK?

I think they should run the same size Outerlimits against the same size Fountain with stock mercury power and see who's boat is better handing and more efficient. That would impress me.

AMEN

Formula Outlaw 07-31-2004 07:56 AM

Fred, you want peanuts or popcorn????? I'll go with the popcorn, no salt, lightly buttered.....:D :drink:

Comanche3Six 07-31-2004 08:09 AM

fountain

dhlaw 07-31-2004 08:09 AM

I predict that Reggie's wig will get sucked off and go into the intake of his engine handing Mike the win...... I guess Mike will "win by a hair(piece)"!!!!!

lucky strike 07-31-2004 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
I predict that Reggie's wig will get sucked off and go into the intake of his engine handing Mike the win...... I guess Mike will "win by a hair(piece)"!!!!!

As I've always said,

You are one funny guy...............

L.S.

spitfire1 07-31-2004 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw

:D :D :D

RollWithIt 07-31-2004 10:44 AM

I personally dont really care who has the faster boat. I cant afford either one. I do enjoy the spirit of competition coming from this. Its kinda like the Ford vs Chevy, Ferrari vs Lambo, etc... Its good for the market and good for the consumer. Remember, the advances made in this stupid quest for whos got the bigger tallywacker will trickle down into the boats that most of us can afford. So I say go for it. And let the fastest boat win.

Ron P 07-31-2004 12:01 PM

They'll both have some of Sterlings biggest and finest mills so it should be very much of an even battle. Except for the NOS bottles in Reggie's rig.

PowerboatsNW 07-31-2004 12:17 PM

reggies run ! 10,000 dollers to enter the contest. reggies pocket grows 10k nomatter who is faster! i think to make it interesting winner should take all the money? how about a 50k side bet we all know they can afford it!

Havasu Cig 07-31-2004 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old
Boys, boys, boys.....

It's just like 'rasslin. A little controversy keeps thing interesting. I bet it even sells a few boats. :)

I heard today that Fountain sales are booming . And we've all read that OL is sold out for how long?

Not only are Fiore and Fountain fast as all hell, they're damn good marketers.

Whoever wins, I'm enjoying the show fron the cheap seats. :)

Whoever goes out and buys a Fountain based on this is stupid. The Fountain you buy is nothing like the boat Reggie is using. :rolleyes:

Semper Fi 07-31-2004 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Seems like the "DON'T GIVE A CRAP" crowd should be posting on threads where they DO give a crap . . . just seems to make sense. Otherwise it just seems like a waste of perfectly good keystrokes/bandwidth.

Maybe ( just maybe ) nobody gives a crap that you don't.

We're all entitled to our opinion. Just because we don't care about the race, doensn't mean our opinion doesn't count.

SummerObsession 07-31-2004 02:35 PM

...I'm just imaginine the void the will be created in their respcetive boat companies when (not if) someone dies because of all this crap.

I'd be less than honest, though, if I didn't say I enjoy watching these boats go at it.

IDRPSTF 07-31-2004 02:57 PM

Thats what Im thinking, Its one thing to have a driver running your product and trying to be the fastest. But to have the CEO's out there, that is putting your money where your mouth is. Enzo never jumped in an F-1 car, And boeng never went for it in a plane. But to have two CEO's talking smack and then getting behind the wheel. This is bigger than most are making it out to be!

Ron P 07-31-2004 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
This is bigger than most are making it out to be!

Yup!

rouxsterre 07-31-2004 05:20 PM

It can't be head-to-head. Must be alternate passes.
Plus with the heat and humidity of August, they'll have to make quite a bit more power just to equal the February speeds . . .

Becca 07-31-2004 11:51 PM

OL all the way

kitten 08-01-2004 02:01 PM

OL and that's without dropping the GPS off a cliff :hammy:

CAP071 08-01-2004 02:52 PM

I really could care less. Average Joe can afford a Fountain not an O/L.

Better yet lets see One of those guys build their own motors? Any one with deep pockets can buy a bigger More Hp engine. This race proves Nothing. other than who is willing to risk their lives for an Eggo trip.

It's foolish for either of them to be out there. IF one or both was killed can you imagine what we would all be saying then.

Hydrocruiser 08-01-2004 03:04 PM

This contest is a "drag race" against the clock. Probably a lot safer than 200+ MPH Unlimited Hydroplanes racing around an oval course. It's dangerous but safer. Probably safer than some offshore races in inclement weather. I respect both but would like to see Reggie win. Why? Well he offers the 42' Executioner with T-425's for under 200k and financing to make it within reach for the "masses". Why does this matter? Because it keeps the sport alive for those who want a boat of that size at that kind of price-point. It goes 75+ MPH and it's a nice package. Mr. Fiore offers a boat that most can not dream of affording. When Fiore offers a 42' OL for 200 k give me a jingle.

Why are they doing it?

The closest I can come to entertaining an explanation would be to have the same logic applied as to why we are planning to send a spaceship to Mars this Monday. The answer. Human nature. If something is there to be done it's a given somebody will eventually do it. Kind of like going over Niagra falls in a barrel. Defies explanation.

Madcow 08-01-2004 06:10 PM

Crap, Crap, Crap :D

T2x 08-02-2004 09:15 AM

I wonder how fast Skater's Vee would run with twin supercharged, fuelies of over 1500 hp each?

T2x

CAP071 08-02-2004 09:31 AM

I have to admit it would be funny as hell to see a Skater come flying by both of them when they were racing neck to neck and the guy in the skater just Blow right by them both with a smile.

R Addiction 08-02-2004 09:47 AM

Hold On!! Hold On!!...........I have to run down to the liqour store for another bottle of Capt.!!! Anybody need anything? :D :drink:

cigarette1 08-02-2004 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by CAP071
I have to admit it would be funny as hell to see a Skater come flying by both of them when they were racing neck to neck and the guy in the skater just Blow right by them both with a smile.

If the two V's are running anywhere near 175+, which I expect them to be ... There aren't very many Skaters out there that will blow right by them.

And about the Skater V .... other than the red one, do they really exist?

:)

Dock Holiday 08-02-2004 10:08 AM

My Vote is for "Fountain".

I respect both boats, will probably never own either. Personally I think Overlimits is way over priced.

At the Miami boat show we were 2 of only 4 people in the Outerlimits booth and there were four of them and they did not even acknowledge we were there. They make you feel like they are way above the average Joe out there. Glad they can get big dollars for their boat, just not from me.

Go Fountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!