Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84647-kilo-time-outerlimits-vs-fountain.html)

thisistank 08-07-2004 11:25 PM

Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
With that said shouldn't they run the same power ???

Exactly! It's been said before. 575's for power, bring it on. Who has the fastest boat. "World's fastest V-bottom" is what they claim. Strap a turbine on any V-bottom and it'll be the fastest (once! :D ). Same power and see which hull is more efficient. Then bring in every v-bottom brand on the market and see who's ontop, not who can throw the most money at it and how much HP you can get out of the motors.

Oh, and one more thing...I'd still rather have an Outerlimits than a Fountain. Bad A** boats! Second to Cig ;)

HyperBaja 08-07-2004 11:30 PM

I'm renaming my dog Fountain.

LMAO!!!!!

But- 4000hp vs 3100. Fountain did go faster on less power (well, what engines were used in the 160mph run a month ago?)

nolimits 08-07-2004 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
With that said shouldn't they run the same power ???

YES.

Audiofn 08-07-2004 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Exactly! It's been said before. 575's for power, bring it on. Who has the fastest boat. "World's fastest V-bottom" is what they claim. Strap a turbine on any V-bottom and it'll be the fastest (once! :D ). Same power and see which hull is more efficient. Then bring in every v-bottom brand on the market and see who's ontop, not who can throw the most money at it and how much HP you can get out of the motors.

Oh, and one more thing...I'd still rather have an Outerlimits than a Fountain. Bad A** boats! Second to Cig ;)

I think that you are missing the point to this record. It is not the fasted STOCK boat. It is the fasted V hull PERIOD. They DO race stock boats and have records for F1 and F2 and so on.

Jon

thisistank 08-07-2004 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I think that you are missing the point to this record. It is not the fasted STOCK boat. It is the fasted V hull PERIOD. They DO race stock boats and have records for F1 and F2 and so on.

Jon

No Jon, I love ya like a brother, but I think you're missing the point. With what you're saying it'd be OK to show up with a turbined V-hull and run 250 and be done with it?? This whole OL VS. Fountain thing is for the title "Fastest V-bottom". If they are truley trying to prove they have the fastest V-bottom then they should have the same power to prove the effeciency of the hull.

nolimits 08-07-2004 11:45 PM

No Jon, I love ya like a brother, but I think you're missing the point. With what you're saying it'd be OK to show up with a turbined V-hull and run 250 and be done with it?? This whole OL VS. Fountain thing is for the title "Fastest V-bottom". If they are truley trying to prove they have the fastest V-bottom then they should have the same power to prove the effeciency of the hull.

Were you posting the same thing a few onths ago when OL had a few hundred more HP but only went a couple clicks faster.... The GPS SBI thing....

Audiofn 08-07-2004 11:48 PM

Tank like I said they probably CAN put a turbine in there if they want to. However maybe there is a reason that they do not? If you want to look at hull efficiency then you just have to look at the F1 and F2 records as they run with the same power.

Jon

RutRow 08-07-2004 11:48 PM

i think they need to take the 42 gtx and the 42 lightning and rig them with staggered 525's and see what they can do

nolimits 08-07-2004 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
Well, after reading some more of you guys' incredibly insightful posts, I have decided that OL makes a crappy hull because their motor broke.

I've also deduced that OL has horrible customer service because their motor broke.

I've also confidently decided that I'd rather pay twice for a Bayliner than to get an OL for free because their motor broke.

Down with OL.

On another note, I've decided that Fountain has the most awesome customer service ever because they ran 177.

I've also decided that Fountain has the best graphics AND the most plush cabins since they ran 177.

I've also decided that if I can somehow own a Fountain of any vintage and model, that I too can brag that a Fountain (just like mine) went 177.

Fountain rocks.
I'm renaming my dog Fountain.
And it will make him run so much faster.

snipit

mc

Where does this come from? Who said this stuff beside you? Sounds like the same old disconneted logic used to throw bombs....

Rforsey 08-08-2004 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Are you kidding me??

What ever happened to OL is done. But going as far as saying because today Reggie was faster at least proven faster, it would be an embarrassment and disappointment enough not ever to own and Outerlimits or even take a free one.

That is the most crap I have ever heard. And going as far to say Reggie has always been a good sport?? Where have you been? He has accomplished a lot and been on top for years. When you are on top you take a lot of abuse and crap from others. But I have heard many stories to show Reggie has not always been a good sport.

As far as the price thing is concerned. Match Outerlimits in Paint, Interior, Motors, drives, service (do you have Reggies cell phone number?). Then compare the price. They are not that far off.

HERE IS THE DEAL.
Outerlimits has so screw up. I wouldn't put it past OL to know that they were going to be beat and some Idiot told them say you can't run motor broke. there is no excuses they ducked with their tail between their legs.. had they gone to Reggie he would have helped them get their boat ready to race.... the engine builder should have been ready with spares to change in a parking lot if need be..... Ol fire who ever told you to say you broke down because running and losing still comes with respect going home does NOT.....

would John Force ever not race because someone might beat Him NO he would give it his all.
Win with Respect
Loose with Resect
Give it all
OL gave nothing.......

Dreamboater,
reality is run what you brung, fix it if it breaks, give it your all. as far as price not even close.

Reggie
Hats off to you and Thank You for being a Legend... and your Love for the sport.