Notices

Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Old 08-09-2004, 11:03 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

This will surprise some of you..........

Reggie's accomplishment this weekend was downright amazing....and to lose sight of it among a bunch of "coulda-shoulda's" is a shame. The Fountain team took a monohull and ran a very fast cat speed...... my hat's off to the little sum***** and his whole crew of dedicated workers.

I am not now and never have been an admirer , but when R. M. F. ran a nitrous equipped/methanol burning Molinari at a key inter-factory race back in his tunnel hull days, he showed me how driven and fearless he was....and based on the current performance...still is.

Congratulations MISTER Fountain......... even in my cynical old eyes....you've earned it.

T2x
Old 08-09-2004, 11:17 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
This will surprise some of you..........

Reggie's accomplishment this weekend was downright amazing....and to lose sight of it among a bunch of "coulda-shoulda's" is a shame. The Fountain team took a monohull and ran a very fast cat speed...... my hat's off to the little sum***** and his whole crew of dedicated workers.

I am not now and never have been an admirer , but when R. M. F. ran a nitrous equipped/methanol burning Molinari at a key inter-factory race back in his tunnel hull days, he showed me how driven and fearless he was....and based on the current performance...still is.

Congratulations MISTER Fountain......... even in my cynical old eyes....you've earned it.

T2x
Not only that T2x,

He also lead the pack "OVERALL" in yesterday's race at least the 1st 4 laps against the Supercats & Vees and won the race for SuperVee with the Rio Roses Boat.
That was outstanding....
I still back the Outerlimits because I feel you get what you pay for, but this weekend definately went to RF! Congrats for both accomplishents....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
Well, after reading some more of you guys' incredibly insightful posts, I have decided that OL makes a crappy hull because their motor broke.

I've also deduced that OL has horrible customer service because their motor broke.

I've also confidently decided that I'd rather pay twice for a Bayliner than to get an OL for free because their motor broke.

Down with OL.

On another note, I've decided that Fountain has the most awesome customer service ever because they ran 177.

I've also decided that Fountain has the best graphics AND the most plush cabins since they ran 177.

I've also decided that if I can somehow own a Fountain of any vintage and model, that I too can brag that a Fountain (just like mine) went 177.

Fountain rocks.
I'm renaming my dog Fountain.
And it will make him run so much faster!
177 is blisterin', no doubt

mc
Mc,you are fricki'n hilarious,i am almost in tears from laughing so hard!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard Outer Limits was testing in New Bern N.C. on Thursday they said they had trouble with the set up, the boat would only go 150. They said they were going to try different gears but didn't have time to test them
Old 08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by riggerjohn
I heard Outer Limits was testing in New Bern N.C. on Thursday they said they had trouble with the set up, the boat would only go 150. They said they were going to try different gears but didn't have time to test them
Welcome aboard with your 1st post.

Could you name your source that you got this information from?

Please don't tell me it was Billybob at the Petro station.....

Old 08-09-2004, 01:25 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Welcome aboard with your 1st post.

Could you name your source that you got this information from?

Please don't tell me it was Billybob at the Petro station.....
Riggerjohn, so how long have you worked at O/L?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:39 PM
bar768

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Exactly!!!

And I think if the Kilo's were ran on Friday, Reggie would have melted an engine or two as well. Remember, he wasn't ready on Friday either. Cooling troubles remember? Perhaps the weather was in his favor on Friday so it bought him another 24 hours to relocate or enlarge his water pickups.

The problem was TOO much water pressure, not the lack of. And they were not relocated either. Sure the extra time helped. When the boat set the record it was only the 3rd time it was wet. Just wait until it is really dialed in.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yah,, imagine if Reggie was running an EXTRA 1,000 ponies also ,, he would have been well past 180.. Seems o.l. needs a whole hell of a lot more power just to run close to the ol'e Reg meister..
Old 08-09-2004, 02:02 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by bar768
The problem was TOO much water pressure, not the lack of. And they were not relocated either. Sure the extra time helped. When the boat set the record it was only the 3rd time it was wet. Just wait until it is really dialed in.

Thanks for the update Bar!

I didn't know the details, just knew it was some sort of cooling issue...

I appreciate your insight...

Yeah, that boat will be cooking once dialed in.....

Old 08-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Carabella

Just to set the record straight on all this hear say, Outerlimits was there, ready to take the crown in Washington with RaceCrafters 1800 hp engines. The engines held up just fine for all the testings, and there was a spare engine on deck that was never used, since they didn't blow any engines to begin with. By choice Outerlimits pulled out, not running in the kilo, and headed back home early on Friday morning.

Quick Reply: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.