Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Notices

Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Old 08-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Reggie gets bashed a lot it seems. No matter what he seems to do it's never right around here. Either you like his boats or you don't that's a different matter. But when it comes to racing and granted these are specially prepared racing machines he plunks down big bucks, pays the price in terms of time and sweating the details and at least SHOWS UP. 50% of life is JUST SHOWING UP! If OL doesn't show I wouldn't want one of their boats for free. It's an embarrassment and disappointment to everyone.

I think it's time for some of the other builders to get involved too! That's what keeps a sport like this alive. It may be a drag race but who cares it draws attention to the sport and brings more folks into the showroom. Reggie probably sells more boats for his competition that way as he does for himself. He is promoting offshore power-boating.

OL get a darn boat over there for a run; borrow one if you have to
Are you kidding me??

What ever happened to OL is done. But going as far as saying because today Reggie was faster atleast proven faster, it would be an embarrassment and disappointment enough not ever to own and Outerlimits or even take a free one.

That is the most crap I have ever heard. And going as far to say Reggie has always been a good sport?? Where have you been? He has accomplished a lot and been on top for years. When you are on top you take a lot of abuse and crap from others. But I have heard many stories to show Reggie has not always been a good sport.

As far as the price thing is concerned. Match Outerlimits in Paint, Interior, Motors, drives, service (do you have Reggies cell phone number?). Then compare the price. They are not that far off.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Are you kidding me??

What ever happened to OL is done. But going as far as saying because today Reggie was faster atleast proven faster, it would be an embarrassment and disappointment enough not ever to own and Outerlimits or even take a free one.

That is the most crap I have ever heard. And going as far to say Reggie has always been a good sport?? Where have you been? He has accomplished a lot and been on top for years. When you are on top you take a lot of abuse and crap from others. But I have heard many stories to show Reggie has not always been a good sport.

As far as the price thing is concerned. Match Outerlimits in Paint, Interior, Motors, drives, service (do you have Reggies cell phone number?). Then compare the price. They are not that far off.

I had a couple PM's about member's with major OL issues.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok nice paint jobs...sure. But the paint has nothing to do with overall fit, finish, durability and driveability....I'll take a 38' Top Gun anyday....Put all 3 side by side and leave them all un-painted...nothing but gel coat or painted white and lets compare fit n finish....crawl through the cabins, motor compartments etc...than tell me honestly which is nicer...CIGARETTE HANDS DOWN
Old 08-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When Fountain started out, in the first years he would have buyers stay at his home. He would call customers to follow up.
Fountain although still a very expensive boat to me, is way too large to have the same customer service. OL is smaller and can support the one-on-one.
Can you imagine have everyone on this board be your customer and giving you phone number to each one if they had the biggest problem or the smallest ass ache? I don't think so.
I own a Fountain. I don't idolize Reggie because I do. I won't bash OL because I don't have one sitting in my driveway.
If you have a million dollars in a boat, I would guess that the builder ought to be accessable...
Old 08-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by Aqua Nut
Well said Hydrocruiser! I agree 100% This event has been a long time coming and it's hard to believe Outerlimits would not be more prepared.
It's like not bringing Imodium on a trip to Mexico
Old 08-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
Ok nice paint jobs...sure. But the paint has nothing to do with overall fit, finish, durability and driveability....I'll take a 38' Top Gun anyday....Put all 3 side by side and leave them all un-painted...nothing but gel coat or painted white and lets compare fit n finish....crawl through the cabins, motor compartments etc...than tell me honestly which is nicer...CIGARETTE HANDS DOWN

Amen to that!!
Old 08-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

lets not even get into the $$$$ aspect of it...Take a 38 fountain, 38 top gun, and a 37 OL same power 525's no paint and i bet ya find 100,000 reasons to buy the fountain.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
When you are on top you take a lot of abuse and crap from others. But I have heard many stories to show Reggie has not always been a good sport.
Nice guys finish last. This is no social club.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by activatorsfly
A 38 fountain at 100 mph rides far superior to any 37 outerlimits.i can't say I have ever been in a topgun at 100,but from what i here they are better than outlimits.Anyone can have a fancy paint job.I would rather have the spare change from owning a Fountain to pay upkeep on broken drivetrain.Lets face it outerlimits looks like FOOL bringing his boat to reggie land unprepared,and then splitting.He will lose customers from sheer embarassment.
The Outerlimits may ride poor at 100mph but the only time you will be at 100 is on your way to 125mph!!!
Old 08-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered

Just in the recap for the SBI Fountain Powerboats Kilo Run.

Listen Now Click Here

Don't forget to tune in on www.talkoffshore.com tomorrow at 1:00pm EDT for the SBI Fountain Powerboats Race from Washington, NC.

Drew, Kell, Ted and Martin

Quick Reply: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.