1988 26 foot chris craft stinger >

1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

Notices

1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

Old 08-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

Mine must be the smuggler's special. It has a 128 gallon tank.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:41 PM
186captiva

That's what this one's got too. So your boat sounds as if it is falling apart in front of you and you can't stop it.

Old 08-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Registered

I can stop it. But do I like this boat enough to double what I spent to make it right?

I have done it with other boats... but it becomes an issue of spending 15k really quick on a boat that could only hope to get 15k max and would only blue book at like 10.

When I bought it I figured that I was only potentially looking at repowering as a worst case scenario, and I was willing to spend that much if I had to, but power, drives and glass is the whole boat.

Might just get it to a reaonable, usable point and get rid of it. It floats and everything.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:55 PM
186captiva

Well good luck with your boat and thanks for the info.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know guys, bad reputations are usually based in fact. CC had a really bad reputation back in the eighties. So, read very closely,,,,,,,,,,,,,, steer clear!!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered

Fund Razor

Is that shot of your boat in Milwaukee? Mike
Old 08-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

The twin alphas also spin the same way.... unlike most bravo boats. So, they don't steer worth a crap around the docks and can, and usually do (at least the one's I've ridden in), lean to the right when trimmed out, and they love to turn right all by themselves, especially when getting on plane.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Registered

Hey Mike... that was my boat in Milwaukee. Good eye. Do you want to buy it? I'll bring it back to WI. It's in Ohio now.

In my experience, 'foul is right, except that my two right hand drives don't make me lean right when getting up on plane. I think that 240 pounds of fund raiser make me lean right, tho.
It doesn't steer right on it's own either, but it does sit lower in the stern because of the lack of lift that counter rotating would add.

My opinion on twins in a 8 foot wide boat is that you ain't gonna play cruiser and work the trannies against each other to manuever. You just have to dock them like single screws. Give me an 11 foot wide twin INBOARD if you want me to get tricky with the screws/rudders and come off the dock sideways.

At least with Alphas you can get a counter rotating lower half for one of your drives.
Mine has OMCs, so my only option if I keep the boat is to go with Volvo SX drives. Alphas won't fit the transom cut out for my Cobra transom assy.

186... take your time. Maybe buy a boat of an OSO member. There are too many well kept boats out there to get stuck with a lemon. Look around. It's criminal how little you can spend for a decent boat right now.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Registered

Fund Razor,

That's exactly where my boat was docked the first time my fiance saw it. We get married on the Sandpiper in Toledo next Sat. the 21. Stop by the Toledo Sailing Club @ 5:00, I'll buy you a beer.

Mike
Old 08-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

i have had mine for a few years now an contrary to most i really like it. the thing i heard about these boats is that some were built fine and some poorly. being a glass guy my self i knew what to look for when i got this one (also bought it from original owner) and i have not had the slightest stringer problems since day one and i dont baby it in the lake either . the cabin and cockpit have a great layout, plenty of room for long weekends. my dock neighbor is a 30 scarab panther and i think i actually have more room than him. also as far as the drives i have right hand alphas and will probably switch to counters next season although i dont have any terrible handeling problems right now. actually its barely noticible. weather i would recomend buying one or not is tough to say. all depends if the price is right and you get a good one. i dont regret buying mine at all. infact i was considering selling it to step up to a 30 but the more time i spend on it the more i think i will stay in it for another season or two. . . . . .unless you know some one looking for a GOOD one

Hey Cap'tn Mike I dock right across the river from T.S.C at Rossford. i buz the sandpiper all the time
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Quick Reply: 1988 26 foot chris craft stinger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.