Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Everyone in Florida Ok ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85187-everyone-florida-ok.html)

rockstrmkr 08-14-2004 08:10 AM

Re: Everyone in Florida Ok ?

Wow.....Close call !
We've got some trees down, but other than that Marco Island lucked out.

Hope everyone is ok...

rws 08-14-2004 08:14 AM

9:00 AM We Still have no word on our three familys in Port Charlotte /Charlotte Harbor and Punta Gorda. We have contacted the Red Cross .There is not much more to do except wait and hope.

Rob & Tammy

cuda 08-14-2004 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by rws
9:00 AM We Still have no word on our three familys in Port Charlotte /Charlotte Harbor and Punta Gorda. We have contacted the Red Cross .There is not much more to do except wait and hope.

Rob & Tammy

Payers for your families. I am profoundly saddened this morning. The news from SW Florida has not been encouraging.

Dock Holiday 08-14-2004 08:22 AM

I tried to call a couple of buddies in the Jacksonville area this morning with do answer. How are things in that area of the state?

If Charley comes back hard into North or South Carolina this will probably go down in history as one of the worst hurricanes!

SpeedGirl 08-14-2004 08:32 AM

:( the pictures on the news are devastating!!!!

NC and SC... hold on tight your next......

Formula Outlaw 08-14-2004 08:48 AM

We were spared 145 mph winds by less than 35 miles. We lost one banana tree and one sliding glass door.

Rob and Tammy, I just pm'ed you back. I printed out your numbers and will keep them with me. I have to run to St. Pete on business, then I will take a drive south, either later today or first thing in morning to try to find out info. 60 fatalities were reported in a trailer park in Punta Gorda. Anyone else who needs help in trying to locate/contact people get hold of me. I'm in Nokomis, 35/50 miles north of these areas. Glad to help out everyone as best I can. Russ

jtmiller02 08-14-2004 08:49 AM

its starting here..i think its going to come straight up and on the beach right here where i live. Winds are at 40mph right now

rws 08-14-2004 08:50 AM

Russ,
Thank You for the Help!

Rob & Tammy

gdfatha 08-14-2004 08:56 AM

Thanks for asking.

I share in the sadness for those further south. I'm in Altamonte Springs and we have no power. No majore damage in general area :(

The news now reports TWO additional low pressure areas on the way in the near future :eek: :(

Take care

Formula Outlaw 08-14-2004 09:07 AM

Anyone who might want help in finding out info my cell # is 941-544-1375.

Just talked with law enforcement and almost all phone service and cell towers in that area are down. They are "sternly" asking for people to stay out of the area until at least tomorrow because of all the downed power lines. They want the Florida Power & Light crews to have unfettered access to roads without have to worry about "lookey loos". They said tomorrow would be better but to check back late this afternoon. Russ