Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The best least talked about boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85550-best-least-talked-about-boat.html)

Lofty 08-19-2004 09:32 PM

Re: The best least talked about boat

I don't know WHAT you guys are talking about with all that "protected water" crap with a Donzi 18 or 22. I've had both and ran them mostly on the San Francisco Bay and some on inland waterways. You'll get a little wet and with 18 you'll need goggles but they're both capable offshore boats. I've never had more fun offshore than in my 22 Classic. Run a boatv like that in big water and you'll learn how to drive an offshore boat.

Lofty 08-19-2004 09:33 PM

BTW, that Cobra looks SWEEEEET!

rainmn 08-19-2004 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Donzi was a good choice for protected waters. I am going to choose another that qualifies as a true ofshore.

When I read the title of this thread, Superboat was the first thing that came to mind.

cuda 08-19-2004 09:58 PM

Sutphen was the first thing that popped into my head.

blackhawk 08-19-2004 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
Offshore??? In that Donzi? I duno what shore you've been hanging out on. With that freeboard you'll be pushin it in anything bigger than a bath tub.

Didn't know you had to have a lot of freeboard to go offshore? I was with a friend of mine in an 18 running 4-6 footers at 60 mph plus and passed a 30+ foot fountain. Heading back inland they came up and asked us how that little boat could run like that! :D

I know 4-6 footers isn't "big" offshore but it's enough to get some serious airtime! In a classic you sit down and hold on! Like lofty said "Run a boat like that in big water and you'll learn how to drive an offshore boat."

The boat that came to mind when I read the title was Kryptonite. I don't know why but I think those boats are sweet. And of course I can't find the pic I was looking for!

blackhawk 08-19-2004 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is

Sydwayz 08-20-2004 06:45 AM

Superboat Y2K

Dock Rat 08-20-2004 06:49 AM

Activator, Sutphen, Kryptonite, Joker

Stormrider 08-20-2004 07:24 AM