Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The best least talked about boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85550-best-least-talked-about-boat.html)

CigDaze 08-20-2004 10:02 AM

Re: The best least talked about boat

The half dozen or so boats in powerboat nearly each and every month who advertise with them and seem to show up every year in the awards section. They must be good because they're in powerboat and no one ever talks about them. You know the ones, Dave's custom boats(dumb-azz name), Hallet, malibu, magic, etc., etc...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm thinking superboat, kryptonite, lavey...they seem to do quite well on the race circuit, but you hear little about them.

rchevelle71 08-20-2004 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by cigarette1
Lavey Craft ?

GOOD CALL CIG1!!!!!!

I knew you were good for something!!!!

Chris288 08-20-2004 10:12 AM

I like Lavey also... seem to be very nice boats,, but you never hear anything about them.. :) when we were shopping, I was trying to find a 29 nuera to look at..

tamburello 08-20-2004 11:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The Donzi 18 Classic does have its limits in the rough stuff but it always surprises me at what it will handle. I take mine out in 2-3 footers on Lake Michigan and it's a blast, 4 footers start to beat you up pretty good though, and fives to sixes almost require a periscope and dive planes.

I'll put down the Reindl 28 Vamp as one of the best least talked about boats. There aren't many out there but they run awesome in the rough and draw plenty of stares. I wonder what one would do with a 750 NA BB and an Arneson ASD6?

- Jeff

Lofty 08-20-2004 11:36 AM

Donzi 22 Classic.... Sit down, shut the f**k up, and pucker real hard.

C_Spray 08-20-2004 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tamburello
...I'll put down the Reindl 28 Vamp as one of the best least talked about boats. There aren't many out there but they run awesome in the rough and draw plenty of stares...- Jeff

a.k.a. Ocke Mannerfelt Design B28... :D

aero-offshore 08-20-2004 01:29 PM

:eek: Was that hurricane Hugo

jadento 08-20-2004 01:39 PM

Avanti, Shockwave?

IDRPSTF 08-20-2004 01:56 PM

Superhero boats, then to become SuperHawaii.(Marvel Comics had something to say about copyrights) Great boats!

Ed 08-20-2004 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brad
Dragon full epoxy layup and 98mph w/525's

Dam! That's SMOKIN'! What other 38' to 42' offshore's with 525's are in that speed range!? Just curious? Anybody? Ed :)