Info needed- RT to Destin/Navarre >

Info needed- RT to Destin/Navarre

Notices

Info needed- RT to Destin/Navarre

Old 08-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info needed- RT to Destin/Navarre

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a 13 hr run to the Panhandle for Labor day weekend (Yea, I'd like to be there for the OB and emarald coast runs but can't).

Trying to figure out where to stay/ launch- 28' Pantera, 4wd truck so any ramp should work. Main concerns are ability to flush engine and trailer each day after I get back on the trailer. I'd also prefer to run the boat another 10 minutes from the ramp than fight the traffic getting to the island or Destin. I may put in at Juanna's and stay in Navarre (I used to live/hang there 12 yrs ago) and just blast down the intercoastal (is there a speed limit??) to Destin etc.

Are there hotels that have plenty of room for truck and trailer? Marina's that cater to the weekend out of town visitor?? I could leave the trailer and boat at a Marina if it made sense. It's going to be a fast 3 days so I don't want to waste time screwing around on land- except for AJ's, Juanna's and Crab island
Old 08-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Info needed- RT to Destin/Navarre

Holiday Inn in Ft Walton has great pool with bar and on beach. They will let u park rig in their lot. One no wake zone just above Ft Walton. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get thru. Have a good trip.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Info needed- RT to Destin/Navarre

Originally Posted by Popeyes
Holiday Inn in Ft Walton has great pool with bar and on beach. They will let u park rig in their lot. One no wake zone just above Ft Walton. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get thru. Have a good trip.
Looks like I'm staying in Navarre, use the ramp next to Juana's. Is the no wake zone between Navarre and the Destin Bridge on the intercoastal? How long a trip is it by boat (45 cruise)? Is there another ramp I may want to use closer to FWB/Destin Bridge? Trying to consider road traffic on a holiday weekend. Thanks in advance for your help.