Like Tree1Likes

21' Cigarette????????

Old 08-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Registered

Default Re: 21' Cigarette????????

I remember a few years ago DSM had a 20' cigarette for sale. It was in original condition and had the motor (350mag) rebuilt and was on a trailer. It was a nice little package. They were asking $36K for he boat. What a bargain compared to new!!! I think the boat new was around $80K. I remember seeing pricing for the 20' cig right before they stoped making it.....it was like $96K with a 496.......something like that.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:23 PM
JGB
Registered

there was a '95 Cig 20 "son of a gun" up in washington state for sale for $51k. I saw it listed on yachtworld.com a few months back. And a big "yup", Cig was selling the 20 for close to $100k right before they discontinued that model. I think the fact that the small cigs have been discontinued especially the 20 and they sold for what they did, their used prices hold their value significantly better if not the best of any small boats.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdragon
Outboards only. V and runs very nice. Interest very low because of the selling price and the way [cost to manufacture] I wanted to make them. Space in the factory....I had to build them on the same trailer as a 38 or 35. I'm silly about quality look at the Dragon, even under the floor. Competition is ugly in that 20-25 foot market... Craig
Thanks Craig!!!!

I am in the middle of a refi. on the house, and got a few projects to get done, But if its around in a month or so.... I may just have to go to Atlanta!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minx20
Here is another quality boat that should get your attention. You need to see this boat to understand why it is worth buying. I was recently at "Bow to Stern Maint" located in the same complex as LipShip and TNT\Spinnaker Marine in N. Miami, and found a nearly completed Apache 22 Scout. From what I can tell, the hull has been completely restored, painted in a red and white scheme from top to bottom w/Apache logos on the sides and "APACHE" on the windscreen, new cockpit interior with high backs, full cover, all new shifter\throttle, new gauges w\bezels, all new electrical harnesses, Dual Ram tabs, rebuilt TRS, rebuilt BBC with Stainless Marine manifolds, merlin heads, high rise intake, etc, etc(enigine, trans, and Drive were powder coated red), Garmin gps built into the dash, pop up cleats,engine hatch with air scoop, etc, etc. The boat only needs minor details completed to finish. Needs steering installed, but was told that new unit is included. It comes with most of the odd and ends to finish. It is dusty from being inside their shop, but at least it has been inside the whole time since the redo began. I would have been interested except I was looking for a 24 -28 V-Hull. When I was told the price, I could not believe it was so low for a restored Apache 22. They were asking 15K. This I believe is negotable, as everything is. The quality of the restoration work is unreal. I believe that the hull restoration was done by the crew from LipShip. Speak to Fernando or his brother Rafael at 305.944.7425 [email protected] I see you are in Boca, if it is still avail, then it is worth at least seeing it in person. I do have some pics, but I am in Atlanta for another week and left the pics on my home system.

Good Luck

E.S.
Thanks, I'll check into this one also, But I am more intersted in Outboards at this time.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Registered

My Boats: 39 Dragon

Yes on the 20 I was there in 84. You can call Cigarette and give them the hull number and ask them to pull the file. They have the records. cb
Old 08-23-2004, 11:54 AM
JGB
Registered

Cool , Thanks Craig. Take care,

Jim
Old 08-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2015 MTI 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minx20
Here is another quality boat that should get your attention. You need to see this boat to understand why it is worth buying. I was recently at "Bow to Stern Maint" located in the same complex as LipShip and TNT\Spinnaker Marine in N. Miami, and found a nearly completed Apache 22 Scout. From what I can tell, the hull has been completely restored, painted in a red and white scheme from top to bottom w/Apache logos on the sides and "APACHE" on the windscreen, new cockpit interior with high backs, full cover, all new shifter\throttle, new gauges w\bezels, all new electrical harnesses, Dual Ram tabs, rebuilt TRS, rebuilt BBC with Stainless Marine manifolds, merlin heads, high rise intake, etc, etc(enigine, trans, and Drive were powder coated red), Garmin gps built into the dash, pop up cleats,engine hatch with air scoop, etc, etc. The boat only needs minor details completed to finish. Needs steering installed, but was told that new unit is included. It comes with most of the odd and ends to finish. It is dusty from being inside their shop, but at least it has been inside the whole time since the redo began. I would have been interested except I was looking for a 24 -28 V-Hull. When I was told the price, I could not believe it was so low for a restored Apache 22. They were asking 15K. This I believe is negotable, as everything is. The quality of the restoration work is unreal. I believe that the hull restoration was done by the crew from LipShip. Speak to Fernando or his brother Rafael at 305.944.7425 [email protected] I see you are in Boca, if it is still avail, then it is worth at least seeing it in person. I do have some pics, but I am in Atlanta for another week and left the pics on my home system.

Good Luck

E.S.

Any pics? I have a place on a small lake that is just screaming for a boat like this.
I also need a (nother?) winter project.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1981 Cigarette Squadron 27

rchevelle71,

Don't let anyone talk you out of that boat if it's what you really want, and it checks out. Sure something else might be a better buy(to someone else!) Sure he's asking 15, but he'll probably take a little less. Owning something really unique definately has value if thats your thing. Sounds like it is if you have a 71 Chevelle. Even if you pay 14 and it's only worth 10, thats still a hell of a lot less of a loss than you probably took buying your last car!!! Millions of people buy a $30,000 car new, actually pay $40,000 by the time they pay it off, and take a $20,000 dollar hit in depreciation plus the extra $10,000 in financing for a $30,000 total loss (just rough numbers here)- and your worried about paying a little extra for something you REALLY want??!! I figure I paid 5k more than I should have for my squadron 12, but I've only ever seen 3 for sale in 15 years and I really wanted it - still miles ahead of the guy who bought a new boat!! my .02, from a classics lover..........................
Attached Thumbnails
21' Cigarette????????-27-cig-vette.jpg  
Old 09-30-2004, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'

1996 CIGARETTE 28', 1992-1996 CIGARETTE GLADIATOR 18,000
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/6/75426536.htm

YA RIGHT
Old 09-30-2004, 09:50 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD

Hangtime, was that boat from Huntington?