Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Old 09-09-2004, 10:33 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Well...there goes the neighborhood! You'll need to save your money because the Marsh's are SML residents!! Signed the papers today and as long as all the bank stuff works out, which it will, we'll be doing a ton of SML'in for many times to come!! Should be in by Nov 1st.

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
I would love to but my schedule is not going to allow it, between VT football games/ last few weekends here at SML/ and have a europe trip coming up soon. Just not enough time however i would love to go to Lake Norman sometime.

I want to personally say that I had a great weekend hanging with everyone and hope we can get togather and do it more often.

Thanks

WILL MURRAY
Attached Thumbnails Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend-100_1318.jpg  
Old 09-10-2004, 05:30 AM
Registered

well there went my property value, guess i will have to move to move,maybe down to belews?
Old 09-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Registered

hey jim where is the house located?is one that u looked at sun?looks like a quite cove,is momma happy?
Old 09-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just remember I may have to be a little late to the Norman Summer Sendoff. I have a company party on the 18th as well. It is on the Lake about 5 minutes away so I will probably be running back and forth.

Congrats on the house!!! You will love it up there.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Here's a week attempt to pin point it on a map. It looks like it's way the hell up there, but in actually it's not. I'm only about 4 minutes from X-Mas tree island. We got a pretty good deal on it. It needs some work though but that's why I have big strong friends on the lake!!
Attached Thumbnails Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend-untitled-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Blue by You; 09-10-2004 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:10 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Here's a couple more shots
Attached Thumbnails Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend-0400548a.jpg   Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend-0400548c.jpg   Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend-0400548b.jpg  

Old 09-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Jim, Congrats on the house!!
Old 09-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you get them to throw in the Golf Cart? Is there a road to the dock? That's key for carrying coolers to the boat.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:36 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

No road to the dock and the golf cart was a POS. So i didn't ask for it. The lot is pretty steep. Not sure how you'd drive a G-cart to the end without jumping that damn thing off the dock. But that might be fun. It needs some work, but carrying a cooler to the bottom of the stairs is a lot better than having to carry one from Greensboro!!

We've already started getting quotes for a new boat house. Trying to convince the wife that it should be built to fit a 37... just in case!!
Attached Thumbnails Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend-100_1299_0001.jpg  
Old 09-10-2004, 11:40 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Blue by You
No road to the dock and the golf cart was a POS. So i didn't ask for it. The lot is pretty steep. Not sure how you'd drive a G-cart to the end without jumping that damn thing off the dock. But that might be fun. It needs some work, but carrying a cooler to the bottom of the stairs is a lot better than having to carry one from Greensboro!!

We've already started getting quotes for a new boat house. Trying to convince the wife that it should be built to fit a 37... just in case!!
congrads jim if i was already down there with my boathouse company instead of lake anna i would build you one for free i would just throw it in when you buy my 37 a/t but no really it's cheaper to drive poles now for down the road if/when you go bigger 4' every 2 years or just do now and get it over with.if you from chaos/will tell him i'm still waiting on the pastease i gave him last sat. for the girls of coarse.

Quick Reply: Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.