Notices

national is it true !!

Old 08-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: national is it true !!

i'm still tryin to find the paper article that said he was arrested Thursday..
Old 08-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered

Nat'l was supposed to send me 2 checks...1 to myself for an overage in my purchase and 1 to NJDMV for the taxes they collected. I received the 1 for myself which bounced and havent received the other yet. My little $4900.00 is gas money in comparison to some of the other people problems. My email address is listed i would be more than happy to try to round up everybody involved and do something together...COUNT ME IN !!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:33 PM
jtmiller02

i duno about where you guys live, but down here when they write you a bad check, you take it to the magistrate, pay a few bucks and they now have a warrant

Old 08-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard big moneys involved i thought mine was bad 300000 for a boat 10000 in taxes 30000 trailer and of course you have to have a new lift and stereo and tv and everything else but from what i can gather i am a small fish in a big pond i at least have a boat to use some are not so lucky how about trading in your toys(harley,motorhhome,old boat)for an ordered boat and still riding with friends but now have 4 pymts books to pay each month or face being a credit criminal now dont i feel lucky!!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Registered

doesnt work like that in Jersey.....unfortunately
Old 08-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

JT Same in md but locking this guy up for a bad ck for 5000 isn't the answer the banks who helped him pull this off and everybody else involved needs to answer a few questions like how can two people owe one bank money on one boat.Get this say "A" trades boat and buys new one then "B" buys "A's" trade in it and they finance with the same bank.Ok now would'nt you assume that before the fund B's loan to national they would make sure A's loan was paid off???????????
Old 08-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Found this online, news paper called "The Scene":

That Sinking Feeling
They plunged $600K into speedboats. Now their deal is taking on water.

David Hansen

Feature
GOP: Vice City
Locked, loaded, and ready for action! Join Ohio's Republican leaders on the crime spree of the century!

News
The Soul of the New Machine
He's Ohio's Howard Dean -- minus the "Yeaaaghh!"

The Porcelain Goddess
Eileen Green mends broken dolls -- and a few hearts.

Letters
Feeling the Pain
Letters published August 25, 2004

Scott Lukouski and Michael Redman share a passion for the water and a need for speed. So when the two friends craved dueling speedboats, they went to National Marine, the Youngstown company whose website declares it "the nation's largest performance boat dealer," boasting 18 years in the business.
Lukouski set his eyes on the $250,000 Fountain Lightning, a white-and-yellow beauty capable of hitting 88 mph. Redman went for the $380,000 Fountain Express, which goes 70 mph and sleeps an entire family. Between them, they forked over $630,000 to National Marine this spring, then waited for delivery. And waited.

But their ships may never come in. National Marine was accused in a federal lawsuit last week of defrauding more than 60 people, taking their money but never delivering the promised speedboats, jet skis, and yachts. The suit also names Sky Financial Group, the Warren bank that extended enough credit for National Marine to buy boats like they were candy bars.

"Usually, banks will check inventory once a month to make sure that nothing has been sold that the bank hasn't been paid for," says Barbara Quinn Smith, the Sandusky lawyer representing Lukouski and Redman. "We're not sure yet what exactly happened, but something very clearly went wrong that enabled this to continue happening." Smith hopes to fold their suit into a class action.

National Marine owner Bill Hionas could not be reached for comment. He was in Cleveland, attending another court case.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the number for the attorneys handleing a class action law suit against National Marine. I got the number thru Scott that is mentioned in that article.

We all need to stick together on this and work with each other to get our asses out of this mess. These laywers are good and "reasonable" if there is such a thing. I can be reached at the following numbers

518 644-9115 home
518 361-0811 cell

You can leave me a message with some info and a return # and Ill get back to you with the phone number if I dont answer.

Bob
Old 08-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Registered

http://www.clevescene.com/issues/200...irstpunch.html
Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is also a link to one of the attorneys that have this case. It is on the other National Marine thread

Power is in Numbers here, We must stick together

Quick Reply: national is it true !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.