Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Travis Labor Day weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86241-lake-travis-labor-day-weekend.html)

atxwellcraft 08-31-2004 03:18 PM

Lake Travis Labor Day weekend

Who is going to be out at Devils Cove this weekend? I'll be there Sunday and possibly Monday. Can't wait!

Clay Washington 08-31-2004 04:37 PM

Re: Lake Travis Labor Day weekend

2 Attachment(s)
I'll be there! :D

bford1 08-31-2004 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unless I run into something unexpected I'll be there.

Brent

JohnJan 08-31-2004 06:21 PM

My sister'll be in town and I promised her a boat ride on Sunday. Keep an eye out for an old clunker Cigarette 28SS with a dark smoked windshield. If the engine hatch is up (which is likely) it'd be real special if you stopped to check on us...

robyw1 08-31-2004 08:35 PM

Clay that is a really nice interior you have in that boat. No wear, tear, wrinkles, or creases. You must take good care of it. ;)

Roby

Formula78 08-31-2004 08:38 PM

Grr,.. The Formula is still in several states of broken. Take good pics for me!

thedonz 09-01-2004 12:08 AM

what a great place, I was there this past weekend when I went to pick up the Top Gun......Enjoy!

Clay Washington 09-01-2004 07:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by robyw1
Clay that is a really nice interior you have in that boat. No wear, tear, wrinkles, or creases. You must take good care of it. ;)

Roby

Actually, they take care of me! :D

Clay Washington 09-01-2004 08:04 AM

Actually, the three girls in the above pics are "just friends". The first pic (of the girl in the red bikini) is my girl-friend.

Here is a pic of her and her parents on my boat --> Dinah

bford1 09-01-2004 02:00 PM

The donz - There has been a TG advertised in Austin for a while with 900 or 1000 hp engines or soemthing like that. Is that what you bought?

JohnJan - Is your 28 Cig the blue one that I keep seeing out there?

Brent

Clay Washington 09-01-2004 03:32 PM

I saw that Top Gun on Saturday. It is 38-feet with twin 1000's.

Very nice! :D

JohnJan 09-01-2004 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No, the blue one is owned by a guy named Scott, met him last Saturday and that blue 28SS is wayyyy cool with 502's and Bravo's. Here's mine...

hangem out 2dry 09-01-2004 09:41 PM

Can You Tell Me What Part Of Lake Travis Is Best For Boating.i Am In Louisiana And I Have Heard Alot About The Area. I Am Trying To Plan A Last Minute Trip For Labor Day Weekend But I Don't Know Where To Go ,stay, Ect. Please Help

Thanks !

Clay Washington 09-01-2004 10:58 PM

You will want to launch at the Mansfield Dam. You should be able to find lodging along 620. Here's a quick map.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/claywashi...laketravis.gif

thedonz 09-02-2004 12:36 AM

bford,

that's the Gun I bought. Staggered twin 1000hp Tyler Crocketts with No. 5 drives.

Clay,

that was me, I spent all day running Lake Travis. Devil's Cove was way sweet. Stopped at Carlos & Charlies, had lunch at Shades, pulled the boat out at Mansfield Damn ramp. The boat was kept on a lift at Emerald Point Marina. What a great place to boat. Towed it to Miami, only to face a hurricane threat :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thedonz 09-02-2004 12:41 AM

actually, we ran the whole course of the lake in that map....one end to the other, couple of times.. :D :D :D

hangem out 2dry 09-02-2004 06:50 AM

Thanks Clay!
I Am Looking For A Nice Place To Stay Any Suggestions.maby We Will See You On The Water This Weekend.are There Any Areas I Should Stay Away From"low Water". I Dont Know The Area ,first Time There I May Need A Few Pointers. I Am In A 36 Spectre With Twin 900's .again Thanks

JohnJan 09-02-2004 07:09 AM

Due to all the rain we've had the lake if very full. Hazards are minimal. Although there can be rocks near bluffs most are pretty deep right now. Upstream, stay on the bluff side of the lake and avoid the beach side although as full as the lake is, even the beach side is safe. Use common sense. Channel is marked (sorta) by red and green bouys in a "connect the dots" fashion, there's no "red on the right when returning from sea" convention and the bouys have flashing lights at night. Other hazards are typically marked with bouys.

The biggest hazard on Lake Travis is other boaters and watercraft with no clue of the rules of the road. Do not assume that you have the right of way when facing another vessels starboard bow - they may not know to yield while flipping you off.

Lake Travis is especially hazardous at night with varying lights on shore contrasting with and confusing nav lights on vessels. Combined with lake T being a "party lake", unlit and upredictable boaters are common at night.

Clay Washington 09-02-2004 07:37 AM

Hey donz. I was the guy in the red truck at the ramp that let you go in front of me. I have that solid red bowrider. You have an awesome boat.

Good luck in FLA.

Clay Washington 09-02-2004 07:43 AM

hangem, The only hotel "on the water" is the Lakeway Inn. I would call them first. There is a little Bed & Breakfast called the Robin's Nest. I have never stayed there, but it is also near the water.

As soon as I win the Texas Lottery, I'm gonna build a huge lakeside lodge that doubles as a bed and breakfast for all my OSO buddies! :D

See y'all on Saturday! :cool:

Sydwayz 09-02-2004 07:51 AM

I can't tell for sure, perhaps, we need more pictures to verify, but I do believe Clay is somewhat enjoying being single. :D

hangem out 2dry 09-02-2004 08:03 AM

Johnjan And Clay Thanks For The Info.here Are Some Pics Of Our Boat. If You See Us Please Flag Us Down,

robyw1 09-02-2004 08:31 AM

If you go to Lakeway Inn launch your boat elsewhere. That one lane road down that steep hill to the ramp is a pain in the a**

Roby

JohnJan 09-02-2004 10:11 AM

Hangem, likewise! Cuz I know I can't catch you!

BajaRunner 09-02-2004 10:52 AM

What days are you guys heading out there? Ill be out either sunday or monday, not going to make it sat.

atxwellcraft 09-02-2004 12:39 PM

There are some cool places to stay next to Lakeway Inn called Schooner Cove Villas. I rented one for my last birthday. It was a BLAST! You can find them at www.obergproperties.com. It looks like there are a few left. I had a ton of friends in there and we got real rowdy. The cops came but nothing happened. There is also a hot tub that we hung out in till the wee hours with no problems.

Clay Washington 09-02-2004 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I can't tell for sure, perhaps, we need more pictures to verify, but I do believe Clay is somewhat enjoying being single. :D

Well... it's either FEAST or FAMINE. One weekend I will have a girl over to my place and another one will be calling wanting to see me. The next week I couldn't get laid in a whore house with a fist full of hundreds! :eek:

I can say that I have been a very busy boy since my divorce in March. You wouldn't believe how many good-looking lonely women there are in Austin! :D

Hopefully, I have found one that will last me "as long as we both shall live." :cool:

Dinah1 Dinah2 Dinah3 Dinah4

robyw1 09-02-2004 03:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Well... it's either FEAST or FAMINE. One weekend I will have a girl over to my place and another one will be calling wanting to see me. The next week I couldn't get laid in a whore house with a fist full of hundreds! :eek:

I can say that I have been a very busy boy since my divorce in March. You wouldn't believe how many good-looking lonely women there are in Austin! :D

Hopefully, I have found one that will last me "as long as we both shall live." :cool:

Dinah1 Dinah2 Dinah3 Dinah4

I can relate. :drink:

Clay Washington 09-02-2004 04:20 PM

WOW! Very nice. You better hang on to her, roby! :D

bford1 09-03-2004 09:32 AM

I can't wait to get to the lake. I'm heading to Austin at 4:00 and will be splashing the boat tonight. Hope to see some of you out there. Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

Clay Washington 09-03-2004 09:35 AM

Anybody want to meet at Carlos'N Charlies tonight?

Wear OSO! :cool:

bford1 09-03-2004 12:40 PM

Hey Clay - I may see you there tonight. What boat are you in? I'm in a old, red Formula 357. We may also end up at Johnny Finn's. Just depends where the crew wants to go. Tonight's probably a good night for CnC's. Shouldn't be nearly as crazy as it will be Sat.

Brent

Clay Washington 09-03-2004 02:28 PM

I have a solid red bowrider named TWISTED. Click on the red TWISTED in my signature for more pics.

I am thinking I will put it in the water today, and just leave it at Carlos'N Charlies all weekend long. That is better than fighting the crazy ramp people twice a day! :rolleyes:

http://www.teamcrownline.com/albums/...fe0fdc3506.jpg

BajaRunner 09-03-2004 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
I am thinking I will put it in the water today, and just leave it at Carlos'N Charlies all weekend long. That is better than fighting the crazy ramp people twice a day! :rolleyes:

[IMG][/IMG]

Im going to hot wire it at 2 in the morning and see what that whipple does. Ill bring it back in time for you on saturday :D :drink:

Clay Washington 09-03-2004 02:33 PM

Cool! Just fill it up with gas (93 octane please) before you bring it back! :D

bford1 09-03-2004 02:58 PM

Clay - Do you just leave it at CnCs? Or, do you pay for a slip there? I have been leaving mine at my parent's place for the weekends because one of their neighbors has a slip but no boat. That slip is up for sale ($80,000 OUCH!) so when it's sold I will lost my parking space. I'll be looking for a place to keep it.

BajaRunner 09-03-2004 03:00 PM

CnC's wont say anything about leaving it there overnight. I just dont like leaving it, unless im staying on it

BajaRunner 09-03-2004 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by bford1
That slip is up for sale ($80,000 OUCH!) so when it's sold I will lost my parking space.

WTF. Thats freakin crazy. I have a 1/2acre lot, waterfront on lake travis, that has 150ft of waterfrontage that i will sell, add a slip, and it will still be cheaper than that.

BajaRunner 09-03-2004 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a pic

bford1 09-03-2004 03:13 PM

Yeah I couldn't believe that price either. It's a 50'x12' slip at Costa Bella which is at the opening of the cove into Johnny Finns. It's the massive houses on the left as you are approaching the Johnny Finn cove. It's an awesome slip with a big area toward the lake where you could put a table, grill, etc. Much like the ones to the right as you come into Carols and Charlie's. But, is sure as h*ll ain't worth $80,000!