Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Frances affects Seattle (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86405-frances-affects-seattle.html)

2112 09-02-2004 11:28 PM

Frances affects Seattle

There are a lot of posts about businesses that don't take care of their customers. Please read about some that do.

My boat was returned to Cigarette for repairs necessitated by a "bad Business". Neill called me yesterday to let me know the boat was finished and to make sure my insurance is good for hurricanes. I immediately called my agent Bob Luellen who reminded me I do not have coverage for Hurricanes since we never have them here in the Seattle area.

He immediately called his friend and my new transporter, Joy of Powerboat Transport and concierge to ask for help. Her trucks were all out on deliveries. I was supposed to give her a week's advance notice for pick up.

After hearing of my plight, Joy personally drove down to Opa-Locka and waited for Neill and his crew to shrink wrap my boat (which took hours) and drove it back to her yard so that her nearest driver could pick it up at 3 am tonight and get it out of Florida.

Never once did Joy say anything other than "don't worry, we will take care of you". Never once said "we need to discuss $$".

She just said this guy needs help, Jumped in her rig and drove all day to get it done.

Thanks Neill,

Thanks Bob, You really back up your clients.

Joy, I cannot thank you enough. Business people like you are a dying breed. You deserve the best and I am greatly indebted to you. I DO owe you one and look forward to doing something nice for you in exchange.

Three business that take care of their customers :drink:

2112 09-02-2004 11:31 PM

Re: Frances affects Seattle

2 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah;

The boat Joy rescued for me

tomtbone1993 09-03-2004 12:18 AM

That is awesome service. Its also good to see your boat fixed. that was a real bad deal. tom

dhlaw 09-03-2004 06:48 AM

I am glad that you are getting her out of the state!!! Last thing you need is to have a hurricane pass over the boat........

Indy 09-03-2004 06:48 AM

Great story

Sydwayz 09-03-2004 08:39 AM

THAT'S good business.

CigDaze 09-03-2004 08:51 AM

Wow, that's awesome service!! :cool:

Ms PatriYacht 09-03-2004 08:53 AM

I love hearing about great customer service. I am also impressed that Joy drives a rig and can haul a big cig :D way to go girl.

scottsumrall 09-03-2004 09:08 AM

Finally Something Good With The Marine Industry, Have A Nice Day.

Roger 1 09-03-2004 09:58 AM

Great people do great things when the chips are down.