Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I am in serious financial trouble... someone please take my boat from me! >

I am in serious financial trouble... someone please take my boat from me!

Notices

I am in serious financial trouble... someone please take my boat from me!

Old 09-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am in serious financial trouble... someone please take my boat from me!

Understand, I want to keep the house, if I don't I have no place to live. I have no credit cards (and pretty much 0 credit too). I've talked to a few "people" this afternoon and they all want to use my dad's credit to refi my house. I can't do that.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Re: I am in serious financial trouble... someone please take my boat from me!

what about Rock Finacial. i hear there ad's all the time on the WRIF in Detroit and i think they specialize in this type of re-fi. good luck hope it works out for ya man.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-07-2004, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

been there Mike, I went under once, My mom put her house up as backup for my first mortgage, as soon as I built my credit back up I pulled a home equity loan and paid it off. releasing her from any risk. I never borrow more for a home, truck or boat than it can be sold for in a fire sale. worry about the house payment first. if your credit is not doing well already skipping the credit cards wont do much more damage.

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 09-07-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Just worked a deal out with my dad. Man I love that guy! He's loaning me the money to pay off what I owe, then I'm taking a 401k LOAN out to pay him back (and pay myself the interest on the loan instead of the bank). We did the math 6 ways from Sunday and this makes the most sense. No taxes on the 401k loan (not counted as income like a hardship withdrawal would be), get's me AHEAD actually on the home loan, and it gets my father payed back within 30 days.

I'd also like to thank Mitch Stellin for listening to me babble for a while tonight, and then agreeing with my plan! Thanks Mitch. Friends and family are priceless.

Mike
Old 09-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I'd still like to get rid of the boat though....
Old 09-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Hey foul, Hope it all works out for you, If you want to pick up a little Money Bet your house on ND this weekend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Michigan 38
Notre Who? 3
Old 09-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: I am in serious financial trouble... someone please take my boat from me!

Glad you've got a viable plan worked out. Your right, family and friends are priceless. Good luck to you and if I find someone looking for a boat similar to yours I'll certainly send them your way.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, i hope you don't think I am a jerk for my salution, but that is what I do is buy houses, and I have helped people out like that in the past and made a few bucks to boot. I look at it like this if you are going to lose it anyway, why not sell it to someone like me, save your credit and put a few bucks in your pocket, sure beats just losing it to the bank.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Foul. Sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you get it all figured out.

Quick Reply: I am in serious financial trouble... someone please take my boat from me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.