Notices

Who should pay?

Old 09-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who should pay?

I finaly reached him and he said that was an outragous price for a windshield. However he said the check is on the way. It probably has enough bounce in it to make it here from Austin.

We will see
Roby
Old 09-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well he should pay....but if he doesn't own a boat the sticker shock doesn't surprise me. I hope it has sufficient funds...good luck (and that went a lot easier than I thought it would).
Old 09-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

I'm actually relived I was even able to find a windshield. I few days ago I was in panic mode because anything over 40-MPH the wind would make your eyes water.

Roby
Old 09-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

He's lucky. Does he know that you could have charged labor? We pay 75 bucks an hour around here for certified marine repair.

Most accidents in life cost more than that.
And sometimes you get your azz kicked, too. (or hurt somebody and feel horrible.)

But I think the "outrageous" comment was inappropriate. Break my stuff and then b*tch about it, too. Uncool.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Registered

If the check bounces, let us know. We can go make him bounce to the tune of 800 bucks. His fault, he should pay.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can usually ask the bank to verify the funds (they won't give you an exact amount, just tell you whether or not it will clear) And unfortunately if it comes down to it you might be better off putting this on a lesson learned because of the way the courts work these days it might just be cheaper and less headache. I know I know not a popular view (yeah I think he should pay for it) but a bit of harsh reality in the world we live in
Old 09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

please keep everyone posted
I along with everyone else is curious if he truly pays.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Only thing you can do is small claims and that takes awhile, you pay for filing and to have the papers served. And if you are lucky you might get your money, and if you do could be payments. i went thought it once had someone rear end me and had papers served got noughing they never showed up pain in the ass. This is MI though might be different where you are at.

Good luck
Old 09-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robyw1
I finaly reached him and he said that was an outragous price for a windshield. However he said the check is on the way. It probably has enough bounce in it to make it here from Austin.

We will see
Roby
I would send him a copy of the estimate so he knows what it cost. Also if he does write you a bad check you can:

1) place it for collection at his bank if the account is active or

2) turn it over to the county attorney where he lives for prosecution.

I am sure as a non-boater he doesn't understand what things cost but if he checks around some he will be educated...probably won't understand but at least will know.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IF,If ya get the ck and he does not stop payment your good. The DA will collect it if its bad . if he stops payment your screwed

One thing to think about ,He could of said he got hurt falling on your windshield , law suit You never know about these sue happy POS's

or just ask him if he has health Insurance and tell him he is going to need it.No witnesses broke hand ,fingers ,feet, ankles,Ribs are good too they heal slowly.A small sledge hammer and a phone book spreads out the bruise not to obvious.If ya break something .Clean up behind your self .It would only be a misdemeanor anyway ,about $500.oo fine.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Who should pay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.