Notices

Map Of Lake Conroe W/ Depths Needed

Old 09-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Map Of Lake Conroe W/ Depths Needed

Headed up to the lake tonight and haven't been up there in quite some time. Anyone have a map w/ depths etc... of the lake? I won't get there until after the boat ramp offices close and would like to see "exactly" where the shallow spots are.

I'm more than sure I'll do fine tonight (considering the last time I navigated it after polishing a couple coolers full of alcohol - just went a little extra slow), but with no channel markers and lots of non marked areas - it'd be nice to have something to look at this evening!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Map Of Lake Conroe W/ Depths Needed

Joe there are no maps with depth of Lake Conroe (I have looked) but I know the lake pretty well and I will put something togehter for you. How soon you need it?

Roby
Old 09-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Thanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Leaving the office around 4 this evening, heading down to c lake to pick-up the boat, back to downtown to pick-up my better 1/2, then to the house for clothes etc... and finally - to the lake!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered

Actually I won't be able to download anything off my GPS until long after you leave. What I would do is once your headed up I-45 exit FM-1960 and pull into West Marine. (on the right just across the side street of the Honda dealer). They will have a map of Conroe and it is about as detailed as you can get.

Hope this helps
Roby
Old 09-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just stay away from the North Side of the Mile Long Bridge, Stay in the middle of the lake from Del Lago. Plane speed only at night!! Watch out for the Lake Patrol at night, they sit outside without their lights on.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Registered

If you round that island be aware of the north side of it. It is about 24 to 36 inches in depth for a couple hundred yards out. And as T-Bone said don't go north of the bridge after dark.

Roby
Old 09-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Thnkx Roby, Will do! I was just calling information to see if there was a boating store up that way. I'm taking my little 21' ski boat (which doesn't have a GPS). Are you going to be on the lake tomorrow?

tomtbone1993, thanks! I've never been on the other side of the bridge - but have heard many "stump" stories.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 8000.00 invoice from the northside of the lake on my 29 fountain
Old 09-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Yep, I had a guy trying to tell me yesterday that there was this "great spot" located two coves up on the left on the "other side" of the bridge - And he was serious! Anyway, there's no way in hel! I'm getting anywhere near that d@mn bridge!!!!

Oh, I also found that the island in the second (or third) cove on the left (leaving from Papa's area) does get REALLY shallow fast on the E. Side. Didn't run aground, but looking at the map found how quickly it went from 30+ - "I could jump out, lie down and my nose would still be above water! . All in all, had a great time. Anchored up for a while and appx. 10 ducks swam up and jumped on my swim platform and proceeded to hang out and clean themselves for nearly 30 min's while we were floatin' out behind the boat! That made my fiance's whole day!

It only took us an hour once the boat was back on the trailer to get back to clear lake. We will certainly be coming back more often. Friday night at Del Lago was great - all the Wyoming football team was there for the A&M game the next day. We had a great time.

I'll give more of a heads-up next time. I'd love to meet some of the Conroe-clan next time.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Registered

I'm going to try and be there next weekend. If you decide to go back let me know. Do you miss the Scarab?

Roby

Quick Reply: Map Of Lake Conroe W/ Depths Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.