Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Please pray for my Dad...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87092-please-pray-my-dad.html)

dyno 09-16-2004 05:50 AM

Please pray for my Dad......

As some of you guys know my father has had a rough year,Quad bypass in January along with Corated artery blockage problems. Well he never got back on top of things after his surgeries. He had terrible back pain couldn't sleep or eat without getting sick. His original diagnosis was artritis....well after several months of pain killers with no relief.... he has Cancer :( Last week they did a CT guided biopsy they called last night and said it was screwed up :eek: the cells were crushed and he needs to go back under the knife next week to get a bigger piece :hothead: My father will be 70 on Sunday, 20 years ago on his birthday my sister died of cancer.....a little xtra stress :( He is a fighter at heart but I'm worried that the months of pain prior to treatment have taken a toll on him. He has lost over 35lbs in the last year and alot of his strength. Please take a second and remember him and my family in your prayers. Do me one better and hug your Father today...
Thanks
Dyno Don

yzbert 09-16-2004 06:15 AM

Re: Please pray for my Dad......

I will do both don, i wish him and your family only the best.

scott

AugiePensa 09-16-2004 06:27 AM

Don, our prayers are with you and Dad. Augie & Family

Pantera24 09-16-2004 06:49 AM

My prayers to your family.

Angel

Tricky919 09-16-2004 06:53 AM

My prayers are with your family......Ricky

offthefront 09-16-2004 06:54 AM

puts a proper prospective on life ......

Ms PatriYacht 09-16-2004 06:56 AM

Don I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, 70 is still young. Our thoughts & prayers are with you. Donna

Ange 09-16-2004 06:57 AM

Don, I'll be thinking of you and your dad. Please let us know how he's doing. My prayers are with you.

CigDaze 09-16-2004 07:32 AM

Sorry to hear man. Have faith, a positive attitude is the best medicine. Our thoughts are with you.

JUSTONCE 09-16-2004 07:35 AM

I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Sydwayz 09-16-2004 07:41 AM

Don,
Fingers crossed, and in our thoughts.
Brian

My Dad is 900 miles away, but I will call him today.

Outlawcowgirl 09-16-2004 07:45 AM

You, your Dad and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

The Wizard 09-16-2004 07:49 AM

Hang in there Don,

My father is a cancer survivor, the doctors told my family he had 1 year left in his life..... that was 15 years ago. Our prayer go out to you and your family.

Ozzie

fred 09-16-2004 08:08 AM

Sorry to hear of this Don.....our prayers are with you.....Fred

DebbieRacer 09-16-2004 08:10 AM

Don.
Our Prayers and Love are with You and Your Dad. From all of our OPBRA Racers and Members and Sponsors You are in our hearts always.
Love to you both,
Debbie Fleischman/OPBRA Pres.

Downtown42 09-16-2004 08:11 AM

Hope that all will be well.

outriggers 09-16-2004 08:14 AM

Don, I will do both. Lost my mom to cancer less then 3 years ago at 65. My dad counts every day she is gone, after 43 years of marriage. Doug

jawbreakerkid 09-16-2004 08:17 AM

make sure you & your family provides the strength your father may lack. i will keep him in my prayers.

chad

Wellby 09-16-2004 08:28 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep a strong outlook, and that will help tremendously. Makes me think... I don't talk to my Dad near enough, and he only lives 5 miles from me. I need to change that!

Rforsey 09-16-2004 08:32 AM

Dyno,

My thoughts and prays are with you and your family.
I can tell you love your Dad very much and cherish that you have such a great dad. while I am so mad at mine I still wish I could hug him. so give your dad an extra hug for me.

BonnieOutlaw 09-16-2004 08:38 AM

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

May you and your family find strength and peace.

Please keep us updated.

wrinkleface 09-16-2004 08:42 AM

Don, sincere thoughts for you and your family. Hope your Dad is as comfortable as possible. Take care, Wrink

frequentflyer 09-16-2004 08:43 AM

Our thoughts and prayers...

IceAngel 09-16-2004 08:47 AM

I understand how you are feeling right now. Hang in there and know that your OSO family is here to support you. You and your family is in our prayers

Terra & Sean

nevercanstop 09-16-2004 09:08 AM

Your Dad is very lucky to have a son like you. The will to survive is very important when a patient battles any serious illness. At 70 years old your father is not "old" by current standards, and obviously has many things, like a caring son, to live for.

Your entire family has my best wishes for a positive outcome.

dyno 09-16-2004 09:55 AM

Thanks all.......you guys and gals are the best.

lucky strike 09-16-2004 10:34 AM

Don, our thoughts an prayers are with you.

L.S.

gonzo59 09-16-2004 10:44 AM

may god bless you and your family,your post was a wake up call for me. going to call my dad. i hope your dad finds the strength to fight on.

IceAngel 09-16-2004 10:59 AM

Dyno- Please keep in mind that modern medicine has made great strides in the battle with cancer. And every day something new is discovered. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with glyoma an untreatable type of brain cancer in July of 2000 and was given a maximum of 2 years. She has had her ups and downs, but she is still fighting it today after 4 years since diagnosis. The fact is that we won't be able to keep her, but we have had her 2 full years longer that what they said we were going to. And each day is a blessing. Keep your chin up and be strong, because not only do the doctors have healing techniques. The power of positive thinking, and faith works miracles of their own. But I also realize that you can be positive all of the time so if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me and vent, that way your family can always see the positive you but your emotions don't bottle up inside you.

Terra

dyno 09-16-2004 11:06 AM

Thanks Terra! I'm going to vent on his doctor when he calls me back!!!This is just taking too long its been over 3 months since he sought treatment and still hasent had any.......every day the mass grows and he's in more pain. We need to fight back now not a month from now..... :mad:

Strip Poker 388 09-16-2004 11:39 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. Hang in there .

Rob

IceAngel 09-16-2004 11:45 AM

Please give us updates as you feel comfortable. I am curious to find out why there has been such a delay!!! That should be malpractice :hothead:

TomR 09-16-2004 11:49 AM

Your dad and your family are in our prayers.

Neverfastenuf 09-16-2004 12:40 PM

Don, prayers are with your Father. It is at times like these that the power of prayer can be an awesome comfort. From your deep concern, it is obvious you have been blessed with a great man as a father. It is ironic that we, as parents, are blessed with children, gifts from God, and as we grow older we can hope to become that blessing in return. I have a 75 year old Father that I talk to every morning. We are best friends and I love him dearly. I know one day he will be called home and I will truly be sad, but that saddness will be overshadowed by the fact that he has been a true mentor and life long companion. Best of luck to your Dad, and God Bless. Sam

hp500efi 09-16-2004 04:59 PM

Don, thoughts and prayers to you , your Dad and family. Stay strong and wish him the best.

born2burn 09-16-2004 05:14 PM

Dyno-
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and given 3 months to live. I know what your going through man........Positive attitude "is" the best medicine along with todays new treatments as my mother is now in her 7th year of remission !!! Stay strong,.... stay positive,.....and stay focused. Good luck.

Waterfoul 09-16-2004 05:19 PM

I noticed that your father was thnner when I was over there helping you with the starter a while back Don. I will say, his spirit that day seemed great though...seems the mind is willing but the body isn't. Having known you and your father for several years now Don, I consider BOTH of you my friends. I will keep BOTH of you in my thoughts and prayers.

And don't let up on that doctor.

Mike

MitchStellin 09-16-2004 05:27 PM

Hang tough Don, keep his sprits up and his mental attitude up. He can fight and win, there are many miricles out there waiting to happen. I would get some other opinions and never stop learning and asking questions. I will pray for him and your family. Let me know if you need anything, remember, I am just seconds away. I can watch the dogs, house whatever you need just ask. Please just ask, it is no problem at all.

H20 Cowgirl 09-16-2004 06:31 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!

mopower 09-16-2004 06:35 PM

Keep the faith....attitude means a lot.
Best wishes and prayers.