Notices

Miami Vice Scarab

Old 09-17-2004, 01:09 PM
EJ

Default Miami Vice Scarab

I am heading up the planning of the 20th Anniversary Miami Vice Convnetion which will take place in Miami from 29 September to 3 October. I am trying to find the person who emailed me re having a a 38 foot Scarab that either looked like or may actually be one of the boats used in Miami Vice. The owner of one of the Scarabs that was used on the show will not be able prepere his boat in time to have it brought down to the Convention and he suggested I try looking for the person on this site.

If you are the person who contacted me or know who he is, or
if you have a Scarab that was used in the show or one that looks like it and would't mind putting it on display at the Convention
please contact me at [email protected]

I realize this is short notice, but we only found a sponsor who is able to cover the costs of bringing the boat to Miami for the Convention this past week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Elizabeth Johnston

Old 09-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Miami Vice Scarab

Dick Simon Marine had one of the 12 with the signature series paint. Its not a 38KV, (Its a panther). But looks the same.

I think the actual boat is in Texas.

You will find that there are a SCARY amount of Miami Vice trivia and knowladge on this board!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this one on the web some time ago and it was located in the Great Lakes region. Don't know the individual or a contact, but he was restoring the boat to all original spec. He did not have the hatch or arch installed at time of photo. Sorry if this does not help, but a point in the direction.

E.S.
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice Scarab-38kv.jpg  
Old 09-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Registered

I saw one for sale in San Rafael California a while back. I am sure someone on this board knows where the real original one is.
BTW, I have a VHS tape of the final episode!
Old 09-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Talk to Boatme (marc Blondin) on this board. He used to own a 38 KV with the 'Vice paint job. He may know where it is today.... he doesn't lose track of his old boats!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check my site under Scarab in the photo gallery and talk to Freddie on the Forum he has got one. www.cocktail-cove.com
Old 09-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Registered

speaking of............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
Old 09-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Registered

I heard a guy in Rochester NY owns one of the "show" boats and has it restored in perfect condition, although updated with newer style gauges, shifters and stuff. And it is also rumored it will be on display at the Miami boat show.
I did see one, same colors as the pictures, without an arch in the 1000 Islands this past summer but not sure if it was the Rochester boat or not? Cause the Roch. boat was sopposed to have an arch?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey thanks for the thread I didnt know there was going to be a convention and these boats bring back great memories to me because I worked at Custom Engine Service back in the 80s and we use to build and maintain the engines for all the Miami Vice boats including Don Johnsons personal boats also . At the time we were one of a few Mercruiser repair shops in the state and also were building the engines for the US Customs original Blue Thunder boats. Thanks great memories Laz Mesa
Old 09-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Call Ray Curtis @Curtis Propeller in Temple Hills Md 301-899-2220. or PM him on www.cbpba.com "curtispropeller" he owns one!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Miami Vice Scarab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.