Notices

New Orleans this weekend?

Old 09-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Orleans this weekend?

My wife and I are headed down to New Orleans for a conference. Any suggestions on bars or other places to visit.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 09-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 287 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Re: New Orleans this weekend?

well ,weather should be nice. G W FINS- gotta eat there , if you have time , go to ROCK AND BOWL on carrollton and tulane ave saturday night. always a blast don't know of any festivals this weekend but i'll check in the morning . also go to www.nola.com
Old 09-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Orleans this weekend?

What part of town? Last Friday I had dinner at Peristyle, arguably the best restaurant in town according to Zagat's. It was superb (food and service), and its atmosphere wasn't as stuffy as comparable places. (Try the duck with pan-seared foie gras. Mmmmmmmmm.) Also try K-Paul's on Chartres(Paul Prudhomme's restaurant), The Bistro at the Maison deVille on Toulouse (voted in top 10 most romantic in the city), or Muriel's on Jackson Square (has a very cozy - and haunted - bar upstairs).

As far as nightlife, you can find anything you want in the French Quarter. Being from Pa, just drinking a beer on Bourbon watching the freaks go by should keep you busy for the weekend. Monaghan's is a nice little pub-type place popular with locals just off Bourbon on either Conti or St.Louis. Razoo is a rowdy dance bar/meat market popular with tourists and west-bank girls. For an upscale night club you will need to try Club 360 at the foot of Canal Street. It is at the top of the World Trade Center and the entire bar revolves at one revolution every 45 minutes, giving a great view of the city.

In closing,
Beware the Hand Grenade.
Beware the Hurricane.
Beware the jello shots.
Amen.