Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help! My Girls' Birthday is tommorow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87744-help-my-girls-birthday-tommorow.html)

Roger 1 09-28-2004 05:15 PM

Re: Help! My Girls' Birthday is tommorow

How about something nice off of the ''Snap-on'' truck. Nothing says ''I love you'' like shiney new tools. :D

throttleup 09-28-2004 05:25 PM

Roger 1,

You sound like Matt! This is why I take all shopping into my own hands.

Matt,

I saw your post.....

Julie

frequentflyer 09-28-2004 07:11 PM

What works... Well, remember men and women do not think alike. Drinks and a nice dinner (expensive so the portions aren't big enough that you cannot move afterwards). Check this out. Other than a gift, be that what it may, rose pedals from the entrance of the house to the bedroom, including some on the bed. Candles all over the place. 10 - 15 should do the trick. Then, a nice lineup of romantic music (real mushy stuff we do not listen to) so you can play it on your way into the house and while engaging in the whoopi. :D Have enough songs ready to last through the entire event. Some of us require mp3s vs the traditional cd. :rolleyes: hehe. Have some Victoria's Secret items available for her in the bathroom so that she can change into. Trust me... This works. Can also be used on Valentines Day when it's most effective.

bryanspeedracer 09-28-2004 07:29 PM

Fund Razor,

I secretly idolize Homer. That bowling episode was GREAT! The moon was shaped like a bowling ball. Oh man, that's funny...

Anyway, I got a picture from my wife's younger days and put a personal in the local paper about wishing her happy 29th (she was 32). That was a big hit. Speaking of which, her birthday is in two weeks :eek:

GO4BROKE 09-28-2004 07:33 PM

I agree with the spa. A long massage and some pampering is always a hit.

Lofty 09-28-2004 07:43 PM

You say it's her 30th? A spa day alone just won't cut it. You need to do a spa weekend at the very least. Specially if you've been doing the diamond this diamond that routine.

My girl turns 29 this Thurs. so I've got a nice night out planned for her with her closest friends. Then a little weekend get away at the Silverado CC and spa. Now for her 30th.... I'll just have to get her a new boat!

I just turned 40 last weekend and my girl took me out to the strip clubs! She knows me all too well!

Rforsey 09-28-2004 08:15 PM

Be careful. Ron and I have been together for 3 years and at first he was always buying me jewelry. and almost every weekend we spent a night is a nice hotel mostly up in Lake George. he was so romantic.
BUT soon the dinner stopped because he said I cooked better... :mad:
and then I started to feel that Jewelry was easy for him, every event he would just go to a jeweler and boom he was done shopping. So I told him last Christmas no Jewelry, I wanted him to listen to me a know what I wanted. NOOOOPE he didn't have a Clue. I got a hand bag that actually said princess on it that you would give a 8 year old and a clothing that was just god awful...
I have learned that Jewelry is just fine.

now don't think that I am shallow because I really don't need Jewelry. and I would love it if he just pampered me.

GregP 09-29-2004 07:56 AM

Diamonds or a new Corvette.

fund razor 09-29-2004 07:59 AM

The real reason for deleting my post is that you shouldn't drink and type. :drink:

Ms PatriYacht 09-29-2004 09:12 AM

I wish i saw the post, I think TUI posts are some of the best ones :drink: :D

Today's the birthday so I hope Hi perf will test us what he gave as a gift

Happy Birthday to soon to be Mrs HiPerf-2000