Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig Or Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87763-cig-apache.html)

LEOPAJM 09-30-2004 11:21 AM

Re: Cig Or Apache

1 Attachment(s)
Parn ..... sounds like you guys had a pretty good time out runnin the other night !!!! This is a fun thread to follow ... for a couple of reasons !!! :D I'm looking forward to seeing FOUR Saber 41's at Smoke next year ! The triple boat does have something special when it gets rough and we all must deal with that here on the great lakes !!! Call it what you will , weight , sweet-spot, whatever .... but in nasty water , when it starts to get dicey for everyone , that boat is able to cover more water , more comfortably at speed than most others that have tried to give chase . The ability to "just leave" in the rough stuff provides a real sense of security and control ... to be continued as the new owner takes on a new crop of challengers on Lake Michigan !

Apache041 09-30-2004 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
If you are comparing a new T/S Gun to the Apache it is Cig hands down. Throw some 700's in the Gun and you will be running over 100. Throw some 1000's in the Apache and you would be lucky to see mid 90's. Both awesome boats though... :cool:

That depends on what Apache you throw 1000's in.
This picture was taken buy a guy who had 700's in a Top Gun. Notice which end of my boat he photographs ( just kidding). This Apache runs 100+

JUSTONCE 09-30-2004 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by WickedWon
There's a whole lot more to making a boat "work" in the rough than people think. Trips, CG, X dimensions, throttle response, total weight ect..( not the driver, in this case he sucks :D ). The sweet spot in that sucker is right where you can use it when it's kick'n, his is the only boat that's really made me get REAL serious to run with ( note I didn't say pass) when it's been really rough. It's got speed that you can use when other ( faster) boats are choking on the conditions.

Thanks for clearing that up, I figured the weight and balance had alot to do with it, with the extra motor. I didn't think about power curve and throttle control though. BTW: did you guys have fun out in that water with Wicked two a couple weeks ago. It was kickin pretty good out there.

O.C.Barry 09-30-2004 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by CigaretteFirefox
41 Apache
The finest in the rough water

IMHO I Gotta say the FINEST in the rough is the '47 Apache. The 38 TG, the 41, and the 47 are all fabulous boats. But the '47 is a rough water hombre!

O.C.Barry 09-30-2004 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Spicy
Apache.... I rode w/ Brian H. from Delaware Bay Indian River Inlet To Ocean City Inlet back in '95 in some nasty water in a 41 Apache "GERONIMO", Boatpix chased us the hole way....... I've held the upmost respect for that brand eversense.

I believe Gary Brightwell (God rest his soul) and I were in Jenny's Express next to you and Brian Hagan in Geronimo.

CAP071 03-06-2005 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=bryanspeedracer] It's like Pam Anderson vs. Carmen Electra. QUOTE]

YOU THINK LIKE ME BUDDY :evilb:

DirtyMoney 03-07-2005 01:56 AM

For close the price of Starchaser I could lay you up a new hull to your specs. I hope this does not stir up any trouble.
Beau Renfroe

Zero Cavity 03-07-2005 09:23 AM

Apache 41, Period.

OldSchool 03-07-2005 09:42 AM

I know that one day I will move up to a TopGun or a Tiger. But, In my opinion, the 41 Apache is the baddest MoFo ever built!! I'd love to have one someday.

How much is MM asking for his boat???

Nykamp 03-07-2005 09:55 AM

41 Apache