Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Crossing the border with a wrapped long block in the back, trouble?? >

Crossing the border with a wrapped long block in the back, trouble??

Notices

Crossing the border with a wrapped long block in the back, trouble??

Old 09-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossing the border with a wrapped long block in the back, trouble??

This has been on my mind for several days. Cord and I will be coming back to Michigan, thru Canada with a tightly wrapped 454 long block in the back of the truck. Do you guys think they will give us any hassle at either crossing? Crossing INTO Canada at Cornwall (northern NY), and back to the USA at Sarnia/Port Huron, MI. Thoughts???

'Foul
Old 09-29-2004, 04:47 PM
yss
Registered

Default Re: Crossing the border with a wrapped long block in the back, trouble??

Probably, have ALL your documents in order.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:14 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Crossing the border with a wrapped long block in the back, trouble??

Just don't pack it full of a white powdery substance and grind your teeth at the border and you'll be fine!!!

Seriously though, leave it in plan sight and you should be OK!!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hard to say. going for a ride ?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Foul....sounds like you guys are going to be heading down hwy 401!!....my place is litteraly 3min off the hwy...... in Whitby.....feel like stopping by for a Canadian.....or two......doug
Old 09-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hey! got a number Doug?? And what town are you in??? Feel free to give me a call tonight or tomorrow morning. 616-540-1224 is my cell.

Last edited by Waterfoul; 09-29-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Whitby, duh!! LOL!

I hope to be to past Toronto by lunch time or so... maybe we could grab a quick bite to eat somewhere off the highway? As long as I don't have to see the JCI plant in Whitby! That's where I ship all my parts from here in Michigan. Terrible customer! LOL!

Last edited by Waterfoul; 09-29-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by yss
Probably, have ALL your documents in order.
Define "Documents" please. I have not been to Canada since way before 9-11 so I'm not sure what the proper way of crossing into and out of Canada is. Used to be just a drivers license was all you needed. As for the motor, should I have Audio write up a bill of sale or should I just say I picked it up from a family member for free??????
Old 09-29-2004, 06:37 PM
halffast_2003

dont cross at cornwall..theres a lot of smuggling going on there and they really look hard...try crossing at abay or ogdensburg

Old 09-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered

tell them it is just grass, nothing big.

Quick Reply: Crossing the border with a wrapped long block in the back, trouble??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.